Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By BoneCrusher
Hi Rade,

Is there a way of importing selection names in to the bot with out the times for the race? I am finding trying to get the times from anywhere in military time virtually impossible, it should not be this hard :shock:

If not has anybody on the forum suggested a way of importing your own selections in the easiest way possible? Could someone please point me in that direction.

Thanks Bonecrusher :D
By Perpendicular
I made my own proggie that scraped through webpages and picked the selections based on my system and wrote a CSV-file with the selections. Then I just imported that to botmanager. The CSV-files themselves weren't that complex, just like the botmanager example shows.
By BoneCrusher
Perpendicular wrote:I made my own proggie that scraped through webpages and picked the selections based on my system and wrote a CSV-file with the selections. Then I just imported that to botmanager. The CSV-files themselves weren't that complex, just like the botmanager example shows.
Thanks which site do you recommend to scrape for the race times in military time or do you change the times in excel somehow???
By Perpendicular
Well, I don't use Excel at all. I use Java. Here is a piece of my CSV:
14:50,Frivolous Lady
14:50,Aragon Knight
15:10,Pearl Acclaim
15:10,Willbeme
15:20,Flutterbee
15:20,Bateel
15:30,Have One For Me
15:30,Kilquiggan
15:40,Lily Rules
15:40,Talmada
15:55,Asima
15:55,Jersey Jewel
16:05,Ceithre Delta

That's what I import to botmanager and seems to work.
By Perpendicular
Actually, when looking at the code (it's been whilte since I wrote it so had to check), I do get races and race times from Betfair site, using the NG API. Then I scrape SportingLife- and RacingPost websites to get additional information required by my system and then I write out the CSV-file based on that. So the NG API is the primary source for the races and race times and then I just supplement that with the website scraping.
By BoneCrusher
Perpendicular wrote:Actually, when looking at the code (it's been whilte since I wrote it so had to check), I do get races and race times from Betfair site, using the NG API. Then I scrape SportingLife- and RacingPost websites to get additional information required by my system and then I write out the CSV-file based on that. So the NG API is the primary source for the races and race times and then I just supplement that with the website scraping.
Thanks for the info, you would think rade would just make it simple and go off the runners actual names, anyway i'm off to make a scraper. Cheers :)
By BfBotManager
BoneCrusher wrote:
Perpendicular wrote:Actually, when looking at the code (it's been whilte since I wrote it so had to check), I do get races and race times from Betfair site, using the NG API. Then I scrape SportingLife- and RacingPost websites to get additional information required by my system and then I write out the CSV-file based on that. So the NG API is the primary source for the races and race times and then I just supplement that with the website scraping.
Thanks for the info, you would think rade would just make it simple and go off the runners actual names, anyway i'm off to make a scraper. Cheers :)
Hi BoneCrusher,

With MS bot or V3, you have "Selections filter" condition that accepts CSV string of runner names. You can set it to allow betting only on runners whose name contains one of specified values in this CSV string.
e.g. "Runner A, Runner B, Runner C..."

This allows you to specify CSV list of horse names without using race time and then your strategy will bet only on those runners.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Rade
By BoneCrusher
Rade wrote:
BoneCrusher wrote:
Hi BoneCrusher,

With MS bot or V3, you have "Selections filter" condition that accepts CSV string of runner names. You can set it to allow betting only on runners whose name contains one of specified values in this CSV string.

This allows you to specify CSV list of horse names without using race time and then your strategy will bet only on those runners.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Rade
Hi Rade i have the latest update? where do i find the filter in the back lay multiple favs bot?
By BfBotManager
Hi BoneCrusher,

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Rade
Hi Rade i have the latest update? where do i find the filter in the back lay multiple favs bot?
Hi BoneCrusher,

That is available only in MS bot - Multiple Strategies bot or V3. It is not available in Multiple Favorites bot, sorry.

Regards,
Rade
By BoneCrusher
Rade wrote:
Hi BoneCrusher,

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Rade
Hi BoneCrusher,

That is available only in MS bot - Multiple Strategies bot or V3. It is not available in Multiple Favorites bot, sorry.

Regards,
Rade
OK thanks Rade, not a problem all good fixed problem with excel. :D