Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By lavenham
Hi Rade,

In the Trader Bot settings - Second bet screen, I am not sure I understand the manual which states:

'Do not place second bet – this is used when bot places one bet first (Back or Lay) and then needs to place second bet to complete trade. If this is ticked then bot will not place that second bet. This option is useful with one of hedge functions, so that if your trade starts losing bot hedges your bet and minimizes losses'.

If I use a Hedge setting of 'Hedge if trade not completed after first bet is matched' and 'Hedge if price changes by X per cent' and the above box is ticked, then if the bot is not able to get a match at the required lower price (I am backing first) immediately it places the second bet then it will Hedge immediately rather than 'ordering' a lower price?

Previously I have been leaving this box unticked and let the bot try to place at a lower price, with above mentioned Hedge options ticked.

Hope you understand all this but I was a bit confused with the manual statement.

Thanks
By BfBotManager
Hi lavenham,

Second bet will be placed once first bet is matched.

Hedge will execute when hedge condition is satisfied e.g. if price changes by X percent or hedge if trade not completed. Hedge can only execute if first bet is placed.

Once hedge is executed then second bet can no longer be placed e.g. in case hedge executed before second bet was placed.

I suggest you try it out with one race and minimum bet size e.g. 2gbp/eur stake.

Regards,
Rade