Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By Essbee
Hi Rade,

This morning I noticed a phantom bet on my Betfair account that MS bot hadn't placed (I'm not using any other software apart from one instance of MS bot on a VPS and don't place bets manually). This is the second time this has happened. The first time I wrote to Betfair and said they had made an error but they replied (copy attached) saying the bet came from my IP address and was placed by my software. The puzzling thing is there is no record anywhere in MS bot of these particular bets. They do not appear in the register, the history of bets placed, the 'view bets' report, or in the logs (screenshots attached).

The first time was around the 20th September, again on the same market, and in both cases at Betfair minimum stakes of £2. It's never happened on any UK market. In the case of the latest occurrence today, I've highlighted in the log file the time where this occurs, in between the preceding and subsequent bets that ARE shown both in the bot and in my Betfair account. I don't know if this will provide any clues as to what might be happening, or if anyone else has been affected by this problem, but it's worrying to see these bets appearing from nowhere.

Cheers,
Essbee
Attachments
Betfair register.PNG
Betfair register.PNG (22.25 KiB) Viewed 7070 times
MS Bot Register.PNG
MS Bot Register.PNG (39.88 KiB) Viewed 7070 times
Bets placed report.PNG
Bets placed report.PNG (32.16 KiB) Viewed 7070 times
History of bets placed.PNG
History of bets placed.PNG (32.28 KiB) Viewed 7070 times
log file.PNG
log file.PNG (32.03 KiB) Viewed 7070 times
Betfair email.PNG
Betfair email.PNG (30.72 KiB) Viewed 7070 times
By Essbee
Hi Rade,

Thanks for the explanation. I'm still a bit puzzled about one thing, though. If the bot did place a bet at Betfair minimum stakes, which is what seems to have happened, why is there no record of it in the bot's register, logs, and history of bets?

Cheers,
Essbee
Hi Essbee,

Bet placement obviously failed because during this process bet got matched at odds of 1000, market got suspended or you did not have enough funds to place such bet.

Because of that bet was not recorded by bot.

Regards,
Rade