Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By Casenova777
dn6789 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:39 amthe grind
Grinding out some impressive results. I'm assuming the strategies in grey are not based on SQ and rather just single bets on the fav?

I have a mix of some strategies going aswell, some SQs, some regular - had some good results today maybe +20/30 points but then things turned and the various SQs struggled to pick up winners and slowly grinded away to a -30 point loss :cry: .

I've read what you said about taking profits and stopping for the day but I thought the strategy was solid and would just even out at the end of the day, but nope, kept hitting losers.
By dn6789
my 3 main strategies for SQ are

SQ Horse - AUST/NZ
SQ Horse UK
SQ GH AUST/NZ

the other grey ones are just little edges I found with multiple conditions that do not bet as much - but make money

if your SQ has its ups and downs - tells me that the filtering is not quite matching the SQ itself - and is making it inconsistent - so you need slight more filtering - change staking or slight change in SQ itself

sure you get variation during the day but not that much

also keep in mind that I have linked various strategies together so they reset at a certain combined profit or loss and some have daily take profits ... the sole reason for this is to ensure if things are not right and I am not here there is some way to calm them down until I return - but also to make money everyday .. I honestly am not big on Drawdowns.

Probably the last thing on this is I have posted screenshots of my bets and you can see what I have been saying -- things just get extremely accurate at times with long runs of wins -- then you get mixed runs and then losing runs - so it is our job to figure out the losses and keep those to a minimum via filters/race selection

so yeah study it make some changes and move forward
By Casenova777
Yea it is inconsistent, i have a few running to see what works better, but yea they all need more filtering I think.

I spend hours going through spreadsheets of data downloaded from the Results tab but theres only so much that can tell you. It doesn't give information on the other GHs in the race, just the winners position and fav position. Do you use this or scrap data from other sites with all information on the rest of the GH so that the relationship between them can be assessed better?
By dn6789
yeah I got spreadsheets - scrapers and everything bookmarked for easier access

this is what I was saying before - that unless BF Bot Manager starts improving this side of things to make it easier I am moving on to more advanced things

great they update soccer stuff - but us more hardcore users need better tools as well... basically another month and I am gone ... honestly my hands are getting sore from all the keystrokes etc I am doing LOL

I spent 2-3 days researching to see if I could find some shortcuts elsewhere - but those tools are somewhat weaker in terms of what I am looking for.

Basically I feel like I will end up pumping the info into Amazon having it do the analysis and spit out the results - or also just build a custom betting interface myself that interacts with Amazon.

This whole market is underserved - but it may also be that people who spend the money have no interest in sharing any information .. which makes sense right.
By dn6789
as far as consistency goes one of the things I am most proud of in my SQ Horse one

you know how competitive horse racing analysis is and how many experts there are -- but my SQ version holds it own against any of those

it is not like it is betting $100 a race or anything - small bets but it just keeps grinding away
Attachments
horse.PNG
horse.PNG (17.95 KiB) Viewed 979 times
By dn6789
you take this last race there

7 runners .. less chance for interference - best runners drawn well

Fav 1 box 1 $1.85
Fav 2 box 8 $2.10

the rest are all 20/1 or more

this is not a race we want to bet in -- no value anywhere

I get the feeling many people are betting these sorts of races and it is hurting your stats
By dn6789
next race is pacing

my bot picks the 2nd horse at 4.20 is drawn better than the fav who drawn 2nd row in a 10 horse field

bot pick goes straight to the front the other horse is 4 back

this is the sort of bet we want to make every time in this situation.

anyway this is some of the things I am looking for - only betting where the odds can justify the bet - better position - race size - just so many little things that add up

what happens ? bot wins and fav runs 4th - never looks likely of beating us
By dn6789
Next race GH

Bot picks the 1 at 5.90 and the 2 at 24

1 wins

again - I have 20 GH strategies they select 2 GH and 1 wins account grows
By dn6789
next race GH

bot picks 1 and 5

4 wins 1 2nd 5 3rd

we lose .. only have 2nd and 3rd

you can just tell my strats are really tuned in -- they pick the no bet races - they pick the winners and when we are losing we are right there
By dn6789
next race was redcliffe bot backed the 6 it ran 2nd

next race bendigo - bot backed fav at 2.03 - that won easy

you get the idea -- my strats bet something in just about every race - except those that do not meet the minimum factors we need for long term success.
By Casenova777
dn6789 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:26 am yeah I got spreadsheets - scrapers and everything bookmarked for easier access

this is what I was saying before - that unless BF Bot Manager starts improving this side of things to make it easier I am moving on to more advanced things

great they update soccer stuff - but us more hardcore users need better tools as well... basically another month and I am gone ... honestly my hands are getting sore from all the keystrokes etc I am doing LOL

I spent 2-3 days researching to see if I could find some shortcuts elsewhere - but those tools are somewhat weaker in terms of what I am looking for.

Basically I feel like I will end up pumping the info into Amazon having it do the analysis and spit out the results - or also just build a custom betting interface myself that interacts with Amazon.

This whole market is underserved - but it may also be that people who spend the money have no interest in sharing any information .. which makes sense right.
Which website do you use? The Dogs and The greyhoundrecorder are good but the results need a lot more formatting to get them into the format needed - Fav position etc.. they don’t just have that automatically included.

Yea I agree, I don’t see why BFBM doesn’t include all GHs from the race in their results tab. All GHs and their BSP etc along with the winner. They have the information available on the Markets tab, just transfer / log it in the results.
By Casenova777
dn6789 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:07 am you take this last race there

Fav 1 box 1 $1.85
Fav 2 box 8 $2.10

I get the feeling many people are betting these sorts of races and it is hurting your stats
We’ll I’m probably guilty of betting here then.

Fav 1 - in box 1 in a 7 runner race with lower grade dogs beside him…he should get out first and along the rail… that sounds like a good filtered race and opportunity to back the Fav 1. 1.85 isn’t a bad price. No?
By dn6789
Casenova777 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:02 pm
dn6789 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:07 am you take this last race there

Fav 1 box 1 $1.85
Fav 2 box 8 $2.10

We’ll I’m probably guilty of betting here then.

Fav 1 - in box 1 in a 7 runner race with lower grade dogs beside him…he should get out first and along the rail… that sounds like a good filtered race and opportunity to back the Fav 1. 1.85 isn’t a bad price. No?
if your punting your own money then you would bet it at $1.85

but for my strategies when I look at the data - if I take favs like this everyday or less - I will not make any money in the longer term .. it works out better to back 2 or 3 runners on races favs likely to lose because the prices even after allowance provide bigger boosts to the bankroll and make it more sustainable .. ie the more races you bet the bigger your edge ..... races like the one above the margin for error is small

(this is just all from my analysis - does not mean I am always right)
By dn6789
Casenova777 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:00 pm
dn6789 wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:26 am yeah I got spreadsheets - scrapers and everything bookmarked for easier access

Which website do you use? The Dogs and The greyhoundrecorder are good but the results need a lot more formatting to get them into the format needed - Fav position etc.. they don’t just have that automatically included.

Yea I agree, I don’t see why BFBM doesn’t include all GHs from the race in their results tab. All GHs and their BSP etc along with the winner. They have the information available on the Markets tab, just transfer / log it in the results.

this is exactly my whole point with BF -- they make updates for soccer that is great -- but we need access to more data from BF -- they provide form let us access that for GH it is just on another page

they provide ratings now and prices - give us access to those inside the software

update some of these recovery things I pointed out could be better and a few other things that slip my mind but I already asked them to do.

Make the product really strong and give us better things to use to build even more accuracy into what we are doing.

Anyway like I said I am already drawing up what I want now and am more looking at all of these things in Amazon Database with custom front end for settings - and make it autoupdate settings rather than me do it all.

yes I made macros in excel to do some of this sort of thing - yes I installed toolbars and set them up to scrape and save parts I wanted - yes I run the thing through amazon ... but right now these are all stop gap measures - I want one sleeker more finished product - where it all comes together nicely.

(like you I have to cut and paste and use multiple spreadsheets - before combining and then returning the results on a summary page)

anyway I do not want to harp on this sort of stuff all the time -- I am hoping it happens if it does not then I will do it myself.

((I am very thankful for BF Bot for allowing me to get to this point and anyone can get to a certain point - but past that you just need more)
By dn6789
AUST/NZ Horse SQ Graph

as you can see with this version it took a little tweaking vs the results coming in to get it where it is now

but largest DD is about 150/160

its strike rate is 37% and this is what I expect to see @ that 40% ish steady growth -- as with any sort of staking it should beat the game at that number.

at this point I will not make any changes -- I might look into some of the other staking thing but after 220+ bets its sound.
Attachments
sq.PNG
sq.PNG (12.26 KiB) Viewed 926 times
By dn6789
the other thing this shows that - even for me when I start something it does not always work out or the initial version may need adjustments

but you do not get the data you need until you see it in action

once you shows you it can work then it is all about maximizing its potential -- this is why I say always try alot of SQ versions and let it show you the ones that are more consistent and have better SR

anyway I am out now back later
By dn6789
updated .. quite a few wins today already
Attachments
updated.PNG
updated.PNG (12.51 KiB) Viewed 904 times
By dn6789
same SQ as original

just added maria staking and dalembert for comparison
Attachments
extrastaking.PNG
extrastaking.PNG (57.44 KiB) Viewed 896 times
By Casenova777
dn6789 wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:32 am updated .. quite a few wins today already
Great work, the winners are streaming in. I’m still busy messing around with excel data :D
By dn6789
I think the graph is good because it shows the process

with just a few days data I made the mods needed and it was ready to work full time - that was the one that started last week - so 1350 in a week with small bets and bookie staking and a sound SQ

yesterday I added the other 2 staking patterns and that was another $400

today I am adding Sq Root

the other thing is when you have more money coming in - you can try things alot quicker

(also everything has a daily stop loss just in case - so can always live to fight another day)

my total profit for everything yesterday was $2700 .. I do have a tonne of Sportsline bets for CFB and NFL so that will be significant in a few days when all the games are played.

anyway I will stop posting till you guys give me more feedback on what is working or not working for you.
By Casenova777
Yea it shows consistent progress, which is good, removes any doubt whether its just a lucky spell of winners over having an edge.

Which amazon ai service did you look at? there seems to be a lot of choices and i've been trying to get my head around some of the services and they are very complicated...
I have a couple of different SQs, based on filtering races for length / fav price and position etc.. I thought were producing a pattern, but its still just too inconsistent. So thats just not working for me.
By dn6789
I use vps - databases and AI

120 a month or something like that in AUD depends on currency

yeah I cannot do it all for you - today I was sitting in the other room and wondering why bets were not being placed and my PC was frozen up and I missed about 6 hours today - total joke

also it killed my record keeping for those graphs -- but anyway it is only up $60 today which has more to do with that than anything else.

Like I said I am just about to run everything direct from Amazon into auto updating software - this would be my dream and if things keep going I will get it done soon .. one guy quoted like 10k AUD -- I am not that generous to be honest - money is hard to earn.
By dn6789
2 things to take out of this

1. my highly filtered GH ones made $90 - even with the outtage - but notice the bets are very small 1 3 4 -- so they are highly targeted and it works

2. the horse ones despite the issues made like $60 - sq root seems to be a waste of time to be honest

Maria Staking is quite good because you build your bank and when you lose you lose small - Dalembert with the way it bets is quite risky really - you can make 200-300 and lose it just as fast - so you need high strike rate

Bookie is good as well you make money and it is hard to lose it

will try some others as well

after thinking about the comments not much more I can say - I have shown you how to utilize some of the features in BF - and talked about how to put it all together into profitable strategies - but it is up to you to get it working.

as far as can this whole thing work if you do it right - I think the answer is shown here in my Horse one - it operates on its own -- its made 320 bets and winning @ 36% .. and its at +1800 in a week .. that is not a fluke.

GH I operate differently with various strategies hooked up together and they reset all the time so it is hard to post those things now - but this makes it safer.

Ok I am off - I am going to look into adding some more staking plans to the horse one .. cheers
Attachments
new.PNG
new.PNG (140.08 KiB) Viewed 832 times
By dn6789
just these strategies which are still going for today ..... +$560
Attachments
sunday.PNG
sunday.PNG (140.65 KiB) Viewed 823 times