Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By pyrrhus80
In simulation mode, is data delayed at a consistent rate across markets.

For example - if the match odds market is delayed by 120 seconds, will the correct score market (of the same event) also be delayed by 120 seconds?

I always assumed this was the case, but recently I have been getting some unusual results from some of my strategies that I can only attribute to markets having significantly different delays.

I am using the Betfair version, but would be interested to know the answer for Betdaq and Matchbook aswell.
By BfBotManager
Delay is anywhere from 1s to 180s and data is not fully synchronized, so in one moment delay can be 1s and then in another data could be delayed by 30s.

There is no delay for Betdaq and Matchbook data as those exchanges do not have delayed data functionality, those bots use real data.
By pyrrhus80
Oh. That's even worse than I thought.

Why do they do that? It doesn't benefit anyone. I understand why they use delayed data but they could at least make the delay constant and uniform across markets.

Do you have any suggestions for how to best use simulation mode with strategies that place bets on one market but depend on the prices of other markets?
By BfBotManager
If you are betting before in play then set strategies to place bets 3 minutes before start time.

For more information on delayed data you will have to contact Betfair support.