Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By MrDrifter
I've got two almost identical strategies running and have had nothing but odd results over the entire weekend, so reset everything this morning in order to try and get to the bottom of the oddities without any success.
I'm placing a lay bet between the 9th and 10th minute on Over 3.5 goals, with a hedge of +20% or -20% (while testing). The only difference is that the first strat looks for zero goal attempts before laying, and the 2nd strat looks for 0 shots on goal.
Now, both strats have got on the same game with very different results. Firstly, both got on 13 mins after scheduled kick off time, so I suspect I'm going to be told that the game likely kicked off 3 or 4 mins late.
Then, more worryingly, one strat exited 5 mins before the other, at a loss! The 2nd strat exited 5 mins after for a profit, so no goal had been scored at that point. It doesn't make sense for both strats not to exit at the same time surely?
Can anyone please explain what could be causing the issues as it is just not predictable as it stands. I also had a high percentage of unfathomable similar scenarios over the weekend.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (55.55 KiB) Viewed 2800 times
By BfBotManager
Only one hedge rule can execute at a time, because of that you get this delay. It is not possible for both hedge rules to execute at the same time on the same selection.
By MrDrifter
Sorry, I do not understand. It is 2 separate lay bets on 2 different strats. What do you mean by one selection? In addition, the two back bets were 5 minutes apart.
By BfBotManager
It is same selection on the same match and market, so only one hedge can execute at one moment on that selection. If both hedges executed at the same moment then you could get wrong hedge position (profit/loss) on that selection, as it depends on your settings to calculate hedge profit/loss e.g. if hedge was set to use all bets on that selection to calculate profit/loss and both hedges execute at same time then you would get double hedge amount.

Once first hedge is executed then the second hedge will execute when next market prices are downloaded for that market and selection. If you have large number of markets loaded to the main MARKETS grid view then it can take some time to download prices again for that market. That depends on the number of loaded markets and on your "Tools&settings->Monitoring settings".
By MrDrifter
Not good in that case, to be 5 mins apart - limits testing substantially in simulation mode! I've only got OU3.5 and Match Odds markets loaded, and only those 2 strats running, so quite disappointing. I'll turn one off then, and only run one at a time in that case, as I'm sure there are still problems, other than your explanation on the hedge.

Any explanation on why the loss hedged way below the configured loss of price down 20%? I'm also seeing a profit of between 4p and 10p on winning trades, but the bot is configured for +20% price increase.
By MrDrifter
See screens requested...
Attachments
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (44.15 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (24.8 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (30.72 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
Capture4.PNG
Capture4.PNG (12.68 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
Capture5.PNG
Capture5.PNG (14.19 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
By MrDrifter
So I switched off 1 of the bots last night (as you've confirmed not going to work reliably having more than one running in test mode), and the remaining one traded one game last night for a profit of 6p on a level £1 stake. See screen attached, but this is where I'd expect to see a lot closer to 20% (20p). Thanks.
Attachments
Capture6.PNG
Capture6.PNG (40.64 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
By BfBotManager
You are placing first Lay bet and then you are monitoring Lay price for price change, but hedge will place Back bet at Back price. Change hedge to monitor Back price for price change instead and then try again.