Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By woweee
(3 KiB) Downloaded 1390 times
Hi

Please give this a try. Any comments good or bad welcome.
I HAVE ONLY TRIED THIS IN SIMULATION MODE.
(3 KiB) Downloaded 1390 times
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (356.19 KiB) Viewed 22620 times
Screenshot was taken after about 2 days.

Its placing an unmatched Back bet at the Lay price plus either 2 ticks or 5 ticks. Which if unmatched at the race start is cancelled.
If matched, a Lay bet is placed, and if unmatched at the start of the race BSP is taken.

The first system is a much lower profit because it is limited to one bet per race and one race at a time.

To use BSP the Lay liability has to be at least £10. Because the Lay odds are quite low the Back stake must be approximately £10.

Mike
By Therapy
Hi Mike,

Thank you for sharing the file, its always interesting to see new strats and test.

I have ran it a little today in sim mode,it performs very well most bets matching before the off, and the strats PL increases.
In real mode I get many more unmatched trade out bets and from my small sample size the strats PL decreases.

Interested if anyone else has tested, do they see the same result?
By woweee
Therapy wrote:Hi Mike,

Thank you for sharing the file, its always interesting to see new strats and test.

I have ran it a little today in sim mode,it performs very well most bets matching before the off, and the strats PL increases.
In real mode I get many more unmatched trade out bets and from my small sample size the strats PL decreases.

Interested if anyone else has tested, do they see the same result?

Hi

Were you using a Lay stake with £10 Liability, so that you can take BSP ?
By Therapy
Hi,

No not £10 BSP yet, I ran in sim & live with lower stakes, just watching how many of the 2nd "Trade Out" Bets got matched.
By woweee
Therapy wrote:Hi,

No not £10 BSP yet, I ran in sim & live with lower stakes, just watching how many of the 2nd "Trade Out" Bets got matched.

Its a shame we cannot tell how many bets are placed at BSP when in simulation mode.
Also the main proportion of the profit comes when the Back bets win.
By baddydaddy67
Thanks for sharing this one - I am going to give this one a run over the next few days - I think it is pretty genius tbh.

A couple of questions;

1) Did you look at adapting to the lay side of the market?
2) Did you look at stop losing or hedging out?
3) Did you try adapting for other sports - it looks a good fir for tennis.

Will give it a go and let you know how it goes.
By baddydaddy67
One more - did you look at incorporating this with the drifter / streamer option - which is a great tool but you never know if you are at the bottom, middle or top of the swing.....this kind of compensates for this by only placing a bet if the price changes still has momentum.
By Winx19
Thanks for sharing.

I tried it yesterday on the Australian horses in Sim mode.
It has made a profit with a good strike rate, only problem that I have noticed is a lot of bets not getting matched and becoming voided bets, therefor its not showing a true P/L
I will let it run for a couple weeks to see what the outcome is.
My concern is that once it goes into Real mode that the unmatched bets get placed and could run into a loss.

Mick
By baddydaddy67
I've tested for a week or two live but on low stakes - max £3. Profit accumulates slowly as you would expect with 1 and 2 tick scalps. The profit is wiped out easily if one horse drifts out badly pre-race, stop loss doesn't really help much but can limit damage.

I think the principle is fine its just predictable, I have seen one scalper on youtube doing something very similar live pre-race.

This is one of the situations where a trailing stop-loss would even out the losses.
By bluebice
Yes ill be interested in if this is a decent strat to use, only problem i have is that im running other bots in real mode and didnt want to run this in sim mode
Can i reduce stakes to £1 to test in real or will this affect the bsp ?
By botty67
Hi,

I ran the 4 strategies and it's the unmatched bets that seem to cost it from posting a reasonable profit.
Would setting traded volume give it any advantage it needs?

Did you ever get it working any better @woweee

Thanks again
By moolooch1000
Hi Mike, i tried your strat in REAL mode, on low stakes - max 3 euro. In REAL mode the LAPSED issue is very frequent. If the BACK bet turned to LAPSED, it's okay we will miss a race at most, but when the LAY turned to LAPSED we lose money. I deal with it because it wins even in this state. (see the screenshot) I added HEDGE to use STOP LOSS function. (I know far from perfect). I attached the screenshot, and the modified bot. Maybe someone has an idea how we could defend ourselves against the LAPSED...

I hope we can forge a LAPSED-free robot together!

Best regards: moolooch
Attachments
(3.54 KiB) Downloaded 860 times
pic.jpg
pic.jpg (332.26 KiB) Viewed 12536 times
By eldobe1
Great bot though struggled in real mode to make a profit .. i reduced the time for placing bets from 3mins before the off and to end 1 min before the off to let it try to match the bets because prices seem more closer towards the off .. not tried in real mode yet thanks for sharing