Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By spike300
Hi

Is there anyway to rule out/select a runner if it was the beaten favourite LTO?

Thanks

Chris
By spike300
I want to back the favourite in a race as long as it is within a certain price range and wasn't a beaten favourite in its last race.

I currently use another bot which allows me to do this but
By BfBotManager
HI spike300,

You can Back the favorite if it is within price range, no problem with that.

But I am confused about "was not a beaten favourite", as I am not sure if this information is available. For UK/Irish races Betfair sends detailed information for each horse and this has horse form, like following information:
http://screencast.com/t/upqI5HMdy3kt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Beside this information there is no other data that bot or Betfair has on this horse.

Regards,
Rade
By spike300
Hi Rade

Thanks for your reply, the bot I use currently has the options as shown in the attatchment. Unfortunately I think I will have to stick with that one for now.

Thanks anyways

Chris
By BfBotManager
spike300 wrote:Hi Rade

Thanks for your reply, the bot I use currently has the options as shown in the attatchment. Unfortunately I think I will have to stick with that one for now.

Thanks anyways

Chris
Hi Chris,

Thanks for sending this information.

It seems that they are using third party data to get this information. We might include something similar in future.

Regards,
Rade
By rassman
little acorns system uses this and it would be a good addition if you cna include a filter for beaten favourite.
By rassman
hi rade,

I see your new update includes the BF filter, where do i switch this on or activate it?

Also where can i stop the bot from selecting certain country's, i.e dont want the bot to seelct USA racing for instance.

thanks
By BfBotManager
rassman wrote:hi rade,

I see your new update includes the BF filter, where do i switch this on or activate it?

Also where can i stop the bot from selecting certain country's, i.e dont want the bot to seelct USA racing for instance.

thanks
Hi rassman,

You can find new "Filter horses by (BF), (C), (D) and (CD)" condition at "Selection conditions" tab of your strategy.

At Market conditions you have "Region" filter that allows you to select countries from which to allow betting.

Regards,
Rade
By commander123
hi rade iam using the same strat as rassman has quoted.the bf and region filters are very useful.how do i go about filtering the price range of a 2nd and 3rd fav
if i am laying the 1st fav for instance?
By BfBotManager
Hi commander123,

At Market conditions you have required min/max price range condition that will allow betting on market only if specified favorite is in price range. You can set this to check price range for 2nd and 3rd fav. This is just checking of price range. If you want to bet on 2nd and 3rd favorite you will also need to bet type for those favorites at selection conditions tab.

Regards,
Rade
By daveall
Hi Rade,

Is the Beaten Favourite option as discussed in previous posts available in V2 of BFBM or only in V3?

Thanks,

Dave :roll:
By BfBotManager
daveall wrote:Hi Rade,

Is the Beaten Favourite option as discussed in previous posts available in V2 of BFBM or only in V3?

Thanks,

Dave :roll:
Hi Dave,

Information is available in V2 too, take a look at this market for example:
http://screencast.com/t/dJf4KDTYOw9" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Next to runner name you can see (BF) for beaten favourites.

Only V3 and Multiple Strategies bot have rules to use this information automatically.

Regards,
Rade
By Coach
A quick question to revisit this thread:

Is there a way to select when they were the beaten favourite?

I.e. I have filtered by BF but only want to select those who were beaten last time out, not any other race.
By BfBotManager
Coach wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:57 pm A quick question to revisit this thread:

I.e. I have filtered by BF but only want to select those who were beaten last time out, not any other race.
That is how beaten favourite logic works, it checks only last race as far as we know.
By Coach
BfBotManager wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:03 pm
Coach wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:57 pm A quick question to revisit this thread:

That is how beaten favourite logic works, it checks only last race as far as we know.
Perfect! I thought it might have been relevant to form that goes back 5 places