Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By AndyBarker
So I have a strategy setup to place a LTD at half time under certain conditions, then hedge when a goal goes in.

In the attached image, the bot hedged at 2,34 after the goal, but BF has the odds at 11?

Any ideas

Thanks
Andy
Attachments
LTD.JPG
LTD.JPG (22.41 KiB) Viewed 6376 times
By BfBotManager
You probably used simulation mode that uses Betfair delayed data which can be delayed anywhere between 1s and 180s, so hedge executed using odds from before the goal was scored.

Try using "AND" logic at hedge settings and also add "Hedge->Market conditions" rule "Market status change delay" and set it to 180s, so that hedge does not execute for 180s after market changes its status.

For more details and differences between simulation and real mode please take time to read the manual:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/help/kn ... v3-version

If you did not use simulation mode then your hedge settings are wrong, in which case you should send us exported strategy to check its settings.
By AndyBarker
Thank you, and yes I was using simulation mode. I just assumed it would take that into account.

I did use the Market delay but I only set it to 30 seconds to let the market settle.

Thank you for your help.

Andy
By AndyBarker
Im testing this out now in real mode and the bot has placed my lay bet and instantly hedged. Please see attached.

Can anyone work out why this might be doing this please?
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (39.79 KiB) Viewed 6353 times
By BfBotManager
Hedge executed because its settings were satisfied.

You did not post your strategy here so we do not know what settings you used, but it appears that Hedge->Market conditions were satisfied and that hedge executed because of that as you can see "Short description" column for that bet. It is possible that you did not use "AND" logic at hedge settings form.
By BfBotManager
Hi Andy,

Hedge is set to execute if score is one of your selected scores and 180s after the market changes its status.

Hedge safety settings will allow it to execute only if Lay price is in range 1.01 - 50.0 and difference between back and lay price is less than 20%.

You did not post screenshots from bot MARKETS grid view showing the score that bot had and market prices, so we do not know what offer was available for those matches during in play. You should always save all details related to your bets so that we can understand what is happening e.g. save screenshots of placed bets, save log file, save screenshots of MARKETS grid view showing the market prices and bets etc.

You can also use Contact form to open support ticket to send us those files to check them:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/contact
By AndyBarker
Thank you, the thinking behind the 180 seconds was to let the market settle after a goal, is this the correct thing to do.

And the hedge of the scores was because I originally had it at 1-0 but in a recent game there was another goal in the 180 second delay and so the bot didnt hedge, so Ive set it to hedge on every score.

Thanks
Andy
By BfBotManager
AndyBarker wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:32 pm Thanks you and is the delay required to let the market settle or does that bot take that into account anyway?
You must add rule for delay if you want hedge to wait for X seconds after market suspension event.