Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
Morning all, I wonder if you could help with a couple of points.

I've created an in-running horse racing system where I would like the bot to place a bet on a pre-determined selection (these are imported automatically) when the price reduces to 50% of its BSP price i.e. BSP is 20.0 - bet is placed at 10.0 anytime after the market goes in-play.

Criteria used:

'Price Change - Steamers/Drifters' - Steamer condition - only runner whose [Start Price] goes down by [50%] or [100 ticks]
'Min/Max Selection Price' start price for runner is between X and X odds
'Min/Max Selection Price' Back price for any runner is between X and X odds (basically half of the BSP)

For some reason the bot is placing bets on horses which haven't decreased in price by 50%. So I feel I'm missing something here... It is choosing the correct potential selections based on the horses I have imported - but the bot is firing off prematurely before they hit 50% IR (some don't even hit -25% IR)

Also as an additional query, is it possible to only choose selections which have a minimum payout of £100?

Thank you for your help.
Rule "Price change - steamers/drifters" is comparing "Start price" with "Last traded price" to determine price change percentage. Last traded price can be different from back and lay price.

Also 50% down movement from price 20 is not price 10, it is calculated like this: 20 - (20 - 1.0) * 0.50 = 20 - 19 * 0.50 = 20 - 9.5 = 10.5

That way 100% down movement gives price 1.0 instead of 0.0 that would result in invalid price.

Please explain your second question in more detail as I am not sure what it means selections that have minimum payout of 100, as payout depends on your bet size and odds.
Thank you for the quick reply - I really appreciate it.

With regards to the price movement formula- that makes perfect sense.

Effectively I want to create a rule that places a back bet once the In-Running price is 50% lower than BSP - am I using the correct filter for that?

And for the 'payout £100' - I am not 100% sure if this relates to liability in the market - I am basing this assumption on the way that Timeform reports the lowest In-Running Price on their website.

On the Timeform website it states: "The hi/lo Betfair In-Play prices with a payout of more than GBP100" - I wonder if this relates to £100 matched at the reported price, or if it's £100 liability available at the reported price.
I've attached the files showing the bot criteria which are currently in place.

An example of a horse which was imported yesterday can be seen here - Selecto

https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing/r ... /2000/58/8

As you can see the in-running price hit 5.6 and a bet was placed despite it not meeting the drop in price of 50% from a BSP of 7.02...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks
Attachments
Market-conditions_1.png
Market-conditions_1.png (39.86 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
Price-conditions_1.png
Price-conditions_1.png (34.81 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
Selection-conditions_1.png
Selection-conditions_1.png (79.17 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
Staking-conditions_1.png
Staking-conditions_1.png (36.16 KiB) Viewed 5026 times
Price went down to 5.6, but it is a question if that was last traded price and if bot got that information on time. Prices during in play change very fast and the rate at which bot requests prices is set at "Tools&settings->Monitoring settings" form.

This price is very close to your edge of 50% change, so it is possible that price went down for few ms or a second and then it went up before bot was able to download that set of prices and trigger a bet.

You should read manual and following help article about monitoring of markets and downloading of market prices:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/help/kn ... ng-markets
Thanks for the information regarding the monitoring speed - I have it set to 300ms, so that seems to be the quickest refresh rate available.

As long as my criteria all look OK to you - I will continue to run tests and see if I can fine tune it.

Would you recommend perhaps changing the 'Min/Max selection price' to last traded price instead of back price?

Thank you for your help
BfBotManager wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:11 pm This price is very close to your edge of 50% change, so it is possible that price went down for few ms or a second and then it went up before bot was able to download that set of prices and trigger a bet.
7.02 to 5.6 is only a ~20% drop in price?

4.01 should have been the trigger price for a 50% drop (based on your formula earlier)?

Perhaps this is just a limitation of being able to refresh the prices at 300ms...
aemskelley wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:47 pm
BfBotManager wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:11 pm This price is very close to your edge of 50% change, so it is possible that price went down for few ms or a second and then it went up before bot was able to download that set of prices and trigger a bet.
7.02 to 5.6 is only a ~20% drop in price?

4.01 should have been the trigger price for a 50% drop (based on your formula earlier)?

Perhaps this is just a limitation of being able to refresh the prices at 300ms...
7.02 - (7.02 - 1.0) * 0.5 = 7.02 - 3.01 = 4.01, so yes, last matched/traded price would need to be 4.01 or less to trigger the bet
Antiflibble wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:18 pm Would it not make sense to use tradeout to trigger the second bet as soon as the first is placed?

That way if it hits - great, if not, no harm!
I'd look to implement something like that at a later date - but for now I'd just like it to start placing bets once the criteria have been met.

It has now started placing bets as soon as the race goes in-play for some reason! :shock:
The problem I can forsee (and you may well want it to work like this!!) is that is you cn get it to only action a bet when the criteria is met then by the time it has placed the bet (bearing in mind in-running delays) then you could have missed your opportunity to get matched. It is annoying enough when you miss a bet because you were too far back in the queue - but you almost need your price to be hit twice!
Antiflibble wrote: Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:34 pm The problem I can forsee (and you may well want it to work like this!!) is that is you cn get it to only action a bet when the criteria is met then by the time it has placed the bet (bearing in mind in-running delays) then you could have missed your opportunity to get matched. It is annoying enough when you miss a bet because you were too far back in the queue - but you almost need your price to be hit twice!
I have it factored in that I can afford to lose a small amount of value if the bet is matched below the 50% of BSP.

But as it stands, it's placing bets well above the threshold and at the wrong times - even before the price has moved in some instances.

A little frustrating.