Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
Questions:
Why is Lay bet matched at price 2.4 when your price range is 2.5-4.5?
Why is Back bet matched at price 5.5 when your price range is 2.5-4.5?

Answer:
This happens from time to time and it is not a bug. Bot always requests price within your price range, and Betfair always matches your bet at best possible price.

Problem happens because runner price changes while request to place bet is being sent to Betfair, so Betfair matches your bet at better price if possible.

For Back bets this means that if bot tries to place bet 20gbp at price 3.4 then Betfair will match this bet at any available price from 3.4 up to 1000, but never below 3.4!

For Lay bets this means that if bot tries to place bet 20gbp at price 3.4 then Betfair will match this bet at any available price from 3.4 down to 1.01, but never above 3.4!

This rarely happens before market goes in play because there is not any delay imposed by Betfair when placing bets, while for in play markets there is delay from 1 to 8 seconds and for this time it is possible that price changes.
I set my bot to place bets inplay bets of max odds 1.05 in the place market.

15 bets no problem but then 1 gets matched at 6.6 (and loses surprise) :shock:

Is there not anyway the bot will only place a bet if it is matched at 1.05 ot less?

Mark
I am trying to understand if this is similar to what happened to me today.

First house at Fairyhouse dutch first 3 favs, first fav was 1.6 so below my min/max of 2.25 No bets were placed as I expected as didnt want to dutch with short fav however £6 disappeared from my account! On checking with Betfair account it had matched £2 on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fav for 1000.0 but doesnt show in bot?

Im not sure if this was at start or end of race or what or is it a betfair bug and would I have won £2000 if one of those 3 had won?

in settings I had bet persistence SP which I have changed to keep now.

I assume I cant complain to betfair?
KongUK wrote:I am trying to understand if this is similar to what happened to me today.

First house at Fairyhouse dutch first 3 favs, first fav was 1.6 so below my min/max of 2.25 No bets were placed as I expected as didnt want to dutch with short fav however £6 disappeared from my account! On checking with Betfair account it had matched £2 on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th fav for 1000.0 but doesnt show in bot?

Im not sure if this was at start or end of race or what or is it a betfair bug and would I have won £2000 if one of those 3 had won?

in settings I had bet persistence SP which I have changed to keep now.

I assume I cant complain to betfair?
Please see following thread that explains why this might have happened:
http://www.bfbotmanager.com/phpbb3/view ... ?f=8&t=785

No, I believe that you cannot complain to Betfair for this. You were placing bets below Betfair minimum so you should not complain.

Regards,
Rade
Thanks Rade I get the below minimum bit but why was it try to place the dutch if the min fav price was out of range or did my settings suggest that i only wanted to back 2,3,4,favs? and/or did the bet persistence SP have something to do with it?