Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By cathalobrien
Hi,

I have recently updated my version of BFBotManager and testing my existing stategies are not placing bets correctly.

E.g. I have one strategy that is backing a specific fav runner IP (e.g. 5th fav) after zero seconds IP, but some bets are lapsing straight away and others are placed correctly. Some races all bets are lapsed and others they are all placed so its random. The bets are lapsed immediately before the race finishes so it had me thinking this was a global setting somewhere to lapse after X seconds but I cant find anything like that.

The only think I noticed that the Open status field, flashes Suspended for a second and often does this throughout a horse race. Maybe they are lapsing because the race looks like its suspended, but this is not happening on the live BF market.

Any ideas?
By BfBotManager
In simulation mode bot uses Betfair delayed data that is delayed anywhere from 1s to 180s and this data also is not synchronized, which means that in one moment it can return prices old 180s and in another 1s.

When market is suspended unmatched bets get lapsed status as that is how Betfair works, but delayed data causes problem for your bets to get lapsed status too soon as old market suspended data gets received from API.

There is no fix for for this at the moment, as bot has to use delayed data when in simulation mode, that is requirement by Betfair.
By cathalobrien
Thanks for the response, that makes sense.

Anyway of incorporating the keep in play flag, so when the market suspends incorrectly in the delayed mode for a slight second that it's matched upon Open status.

Thanks.