Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By galinsell
Hi, I want to be able to place a bet on a horse selection that I have identified by clicking the MY selection Box. I want this lay bet to be placed at the Starting price.

I Have the time to bet set to "start betting in play after 00:00 sec, to allow for the BSP t be calculated

On the Price settings I have the param set to "Initial price is betfair start price if available otherwise use current Price.

Min max selection price param is set to "lay price for any runner is set to 1 - 4.7. There is no option to specify the range for the My selection. My selection could be the fav 2nd fav or 3rd fav

My question is how do I set the min max to a relate to "My Selection" and to the BSP

And what Time to bet do I need to use the BSP.

On my test in live mode the "My selection" had a BSP of 5.35, but my bet paced at 4.8 which was the price of my selection when the market reformed after going in play. The favourite in the race went off with a BSP of 3.0.
So any horse had a lay price of between 1 and 47..
My lay bet fired on my selection when the market reformed, but was out of the price range I wanted and did not use the starting price.

Any ideas please.
If you want to check BSP for min/max price range then select "Start price" at "Min/max selection price" rule. It is correct to check "Any runner" for this price range, this includes all market selections and your selections are too included.

Rule "Bet on my selections" will set bet type only on selections that you manually picked by using My S. checkbox, so betting will only be possible on them.

If your time to bet is set to start betting 0s after race goes in play and option to start betting before start time is turned off then that is correct.

Your bet might be placed at BSP of 5.8 as you have set that at "Price settings->Price rules" rule, but it got matched at lower price 4.8 as that is how exchange works. Your bet always gets matched at best available price in that moment.
HI,
Thanks for the quick reply

Can you please tell me how I limit the amount of the BSP bet that is placed.
I only want the bet at BSP to be placed if the odds are between the odds that are specified in the "Min Max selection price."

Thanks
Your bet size is set at Staking tab of your strategy.

You should use "Selection conditions->Min/max selection price" and set it to check Lay price for min/max price range at which you are willing to place your bet. Set it to check "Any runner" for this price range.