Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By dalecheckley
Hi,

I cant seem to find how to Dutch my staking when my 2 selections are 1. my selection and 2. SP Fav.

Thanks in advance
By BfBotManager
You need to set bet type on those selections and this can be done by using:
1. Bet on My selections
2. Bet type by favorite position, set it for 1st favorite

Then at Staking tab use "Staking->Dutching for target profit" rule.

Then test it in simulation mode and be very careful as dutching can require high stakes to win small profit when odds are low. Also dutching only works with single winner markets, it will not work with markets that have more than one winner as odds are low on those other markets and it is impossible to get sure profit if one of selections wins.
By dalecheckley
ahhh great thank you, so do i need to fill in the sections below for specific markets etc etc, also an additional question if i want the bot to back 1 point on my selection and 1 point on the sp fav can i do that in one bot because if they are the same selection i only want it to place 1 point but if they are different then 1 point on each.

Thanks
By BfBotManager
Yes, you can do it in single bot, but please use simulation mode to test it all.
By dalecheckley
I cant seem to get it to fire in simulation, so its the same bot but without dutching and 1 point on each selection one on my selection and 1 on fav, if fav and my selection are same then just 1 point.

Thanks
By BfBotManager
Please export your strategy and save screenshot of MARKETS grid view showing your selections and we will check it.
By dalecheckley
Sorry i wasnt very specific there i can get it to fire but not on both selections it always just bets on my selection and doesn't include the fav even when they are different odds shall we say
By BfBotManager
Ok, please export your strategy and save screenshot of MARKETS grid view showing your selections and we will check it.
By dalecheckley
Thank you please see attached.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (27.89 KiB) Viewed 5344 times
(4.03 KiB) Downloaded 313 times
By dalecheckley
This example should have fav and the section but it only bet on the my selection.

Thanks
Attachments
Capture 2.PNG
Capture 2.PNG (243.47 KiB) Viewed 5344 times
Capture 3.PNG
Capture 3.PNG (51.31 KiB) Viewed 5344 times
By BfBotManager
You are using "Selections filter" rule that is allowing betting only on selections that you manually picked. Remove that rule and then try again in simulation mode.
By dalecheckley
I have taken that off but it still is only selecting my selection and not both option of my selection and the 1st Fav it is ignoring the 1st fav, i have tested it with 50, 100 odds horses and it still does not select 2 horses in a race.

Thanks
By BfBotManager
Please export updated strategy and send it to us to test it. Thanks!
By BfBotManager
Hi Dale,

Sorry, this rule was recently changed in one of updates. Please do following:
1. remove "Bet type by favorite position" and "Bet on my selections only" rules
2. add "Default bet type" rule
3. add "Selections filter" rule, tick option to use "OR" logic and tick options to allow betting on favorite by position 1 and on selections that you manually picked

Then it should work like you want it to. Screenshots attached.

Also add Back/Lay Ratio ruke to ensure that strategy places bets when price is valid.

Please test it in simulation mode.
Attachments
Screenshot from 2021-03-19 14-10-04.png
Screenshot from 2021-03-19 14-10-04.png (36.79 KiB) Viewed 5338 times
Screenshot from 2021-03-19 14-10-28.png
Screenshot from 2021-03-19 14-10-28.png (17.79 KiB) Viewed 5338 times
By BfBotManager
One more thing, if favorite positions change, as prices change on market, then it is possible that with those settings bet gets placed on new first favorite too. So you could end up with 2 bets on first favorite e.g. when there are joint favorite with same or siimilar odds.

Only solution for that situation would be to run two strategies, one for first favorite and second one for your own selections. In that case both strategies should use "Selection conditions->Only if specified strategy has bets" to check if another strategy already placed bet on that selection or not, so that they bet if another strategy does not have matched or unmatched bets on same selection. In those strategies you would not use "Default bet type" and "Selections filter" rules, instead one strategy would use "Bet type by favorite position" and second strategy would use "Bet on my selections only" rule.