Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By GlennM
Hi There,

I am trying to set an After Bet Rule that will close the position and leave a "Free Bet" by removing all liability on my initial back bet. I'm pretty confident with the Profit/loss calculation tab as I have done something similar before however have included a screenshot just in case.

My question is regarding the Conditions, specifically "Hedge if possible to win X% of maximum possible profit"
With a "normal" hedge on an over/under goals market if I place a $100 back bet on a market and ticked this box with 40% then it would hedge the market with a lay bet so that i stand to win $40 (minus comm.) regardless of outcome.
Instead I want to close the position, will checking this box calculate the 40% maximum profit by giving me $0 if selection loses and $40 (desired outcome) OR will it do something weird like calculate when a normal 40% hedge would have occured and choose that point to remove liability?

Thanks!
Attachments
pl calc.PNG
pl calc.PNG (22.86 KiB) Viewed 1538 times
By BfBotManager
Hi GlennM,

It will use hedge logic to calculate profit/loss regardless of outcome and if that is satisfied then it will execute close position logic that will use its own logic to calculate actual bet size.

That option is used only to trigger hedge/close execution, it is not used to calculate actual stake. Actual bet size will be calculated by close position logic. So you will still get profit on one outcome and zero on another, but bet placement will be triggered when possible to win 40% on both outcomes.