Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By micksmith
I am trying to recover a loss on a race. By spreading the recovery evenly over all runners in the following race. Is this possible? For example, say the amount in recovery is $10 is it possible to place bets on all runners in a following race to recover the loss? Of course all bets placed would have to be proportionate with the odds offered and cover the stakes allowed for the recovery. Or would the stakes have to be recovered in a subsequent race? Any advice you can offer would be appreciated.

Thanks Mick
By BfBotManager
Hi Mick,

You can use "Staking->Overall loss recovery" rule, set it to recover 100% of loss. It will spread loss recovery over all runners at which strategy is set to bet on.

Please read manual and test it in simulation mode to see how it works. Also use "Market conditions->Unsettled markets" rule and set it to 1, so that next bet is placed only when all previous bets are settled.
By micksmith
The bot is still not placing bets on all runners to recover losses. After turning the unsettled markets too 1. It seemed to treat each bet as a market. I then wound it out to 30 and it proceeded to lay several horses in each subsequent race. However this would only happen occasionally. Would it be possible to walk me through the basic set up please.

Thanks Mick
By micksmith
For example it only layed 4 out of 9 horses to recover $55, one of which won. If one of the other 5 had won I would have lost a further $180. By backing all horses to recover I am trying to avoid this happening and therefore minimize risk. There was approximately $5 in commission left to recover in the subsequent race but it has only layed 2 horses out of 11. The winner came from the other 9 horses, therefore a loss. Recovery balance is now $13.34. Any advice?

Thanks Mick
By micksmith
It has now placed 4 bets in a 7 horse field with no recovery. Should have been recovering $13.34. Is there a minimum amount the bot will recover? The previous market settled some 15 minutes ago so that is not the problem. In any case I had it set to back all horses if there was no recovery amount. It seems to be doing this on a regular basis. I cannot understand why.

Thanks Mick
By BfBotManager
Hi Mick,

It is impossible to Back all runners to win target profit or to recover loss, so that will not work.

If you are placing Lay bets, then loss recovery will be split on all selections at which Lay bets should be placed.

You should never Back or Lay all selections on market, as then you will always have one losing bet and loss will keep increasing all the time.

You should use Min/max price for selection and other rules so that strategy only bets on some of the selections at market, not all of them.

Please use simulation mode to test this.