Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By melodican
Hi there...

Quick question. I have a strategy which should fire once a certain different strategy has won. I've worked this point out but I have issues with the bet actually being placed... Let's use laying the U4.5 goal market.

The initial bet on O1.5 goals won and so this second strategy (Lay Under 4.5 Goals) I want to lay at a specific price, i.e. a certain amount at 1.05, 1.04, 1.03, 1.02 and 1.01.

Market conditions are fine as they are the same as for another strategy I'm using which fires great.

In my SC I have:

Back and Lay ratio (15%)
Bet type by runner position: Bet type on runner with runner pos 1 is LAY - Multiple bets are allow per runner position.

PS:

Initial price is currently available

Staking: (I believe this may be where it's getting stuck)

Odds staking ladder:

Min 1.05, Max 1.05 - Stake 1
Min 1.04, Max 1.04 - Stake 2
Min 1.03, Max 1.03 - Stake 3
Min 1.02, Max 1.02 - Stake 4
Min 1.01, Max 1.01 - Stake 5

When the report was running (when it should have fired), I got an error message saying about the staking instructions may be wrong or runner position may be wrong (I can't tell you the exact wording as it was gone in a heartbeat.... I have lots of markets running :| )and under the left hand 'status' bar it said "Stake?"

Am I right in assuming I may need some more information in the stake box, or am I missing something which is preventing this strategy firing 5 bets, at different stakes at those prices?

Thanks for your help, you guys rock
By melodican
The actual description is:

Name: Stake
Desc: Stake is not set for any selection. Either bets are already placed (they're not) on this market/runner or your conditions /rules for stake are not set

If that helps?
By melodican
There should be 12 strategies here... 3 for each goal point... So the main strategy is the qualifying bet, when that wins, the next market OX.5 is firing fine, and at the same time, the *Multistrat* ones which are the problem outlined above should fire, firing a bet at 1.05, 1.04, 1.03, 1.02 and 1.01 into the specified goal market.

Thank you for your help
By BfBotManager
For test purpose we removed Market conditions and tested your strategy. It placed bet and used correct stake.

This means that there is no issue with Staking rules. Some other rules in your strategy are preventing bet placement.

You should make your settings less strict and test them carefully, remove some of the market conditions until strategy starts placing bets. Then add them back one by one. That way you will know which one is causing you problems.
By melodican
Boom, you were right, must have been one of the MC's messing things up....

One more thing, the first bet fired into the market as planned (at 1.03) but once that was on, the price dropped to 1.02 and another bet wouldn't place... The report says:

Name "Bet On?"
Description: None selections satisfy your conditions or you have not set any conditions/rules for picking selections on which to bet

Seems like something is stopping it placing multiple trades... Did you see anything else or reason while looking through the Strat?
By melodican
Yes, that works. I changed it to max 5 thinking it would do one per price entry but now it's firing 5 of the same stake into 1.05 and not dripping it onto the other prices :?:
By BfBotManager
Yes, that is how it works.

There is no dripping staking plan available. Only solution is to create separate strategy for each price range.
By melodican
OK, that's not a problem... Thanks for clarifying.

So if we have 5 strategies one at 1.05, one at 1.04, 1.03 etc etc.. When we "close position" (I assume we'll put a close position on each strategy), will they all try and close to zero on the current outstanding amount on the whole bet, or only close its own price point position... Last thing we want is each one trying to close to zero for the whole bet and it ending up backing too much
By BfBotManager
That depends on settings that you select at "After bet rules->Hedge" form. There is option to use profit/loss from inital bet only that is placed by that strategy, you should use that option so that each strategy closes only its own position.

You should change max number of bets per runner to 1 if you decide to create more than one strategy and also turn off option to allow multiple bets per selection at bet type rule.