Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By Andrew23614
Hi
I did have a strategy that worked but now it's not placing bets.
When i look at the reports it says "Stake?" in the name. What does this mean?
Attached is the strategy.

Thanks
Andrew
Attachments
(4.15 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
By BfBotManager
Hi Andrew,

Your strategy is very dangerous as you are allowing up to 7 bets per same selection and you are betting on 7 selections. This could result in total of 49 bets per each race!

You should click "Edit" button for your strategy (the one where you set strategy name) and change it to allow only 1 bet per selection/runner.

Rules "Bet if specific market selection is in price range" should be removed. Instead you should use "Market conditions->Min/max required price for selection" to check if first and third favorites are within your set price range.

You are placing Lay bets to liability of £5, which means that your final bet size is much smaller and most likely is less than valid bet size of 0.01.

At "Price settings->Price rules" you have set to worsen your price by 70 ticks. You are checking only Back price for price range of 40 - 1,000, but bets are placed at unknown Lay price which is worsened by 70 ticks. This means that you are most likely placing Lay bets at odds of 1,000. Change this to ask for worse price by 1 or 2 ticks, not 70 ticks.

You should also add "Selection conditions->Min/max price for selection" rule and set it to check Lay price for price range.

You removed Back/Lay Ratio rule, which means that you are placing bets on selections that could have Back price 40 and Lay price 900. This is obviously very bad offer. You should add "Selection conditions->Back/Lay Ratio" rule and set it to 15-20%.

Make sure you use simulation mode. Your strategy is very dangerous, it has many mistakes and you could lose all your money in real mode.
By Andrew23614
My comment in bold
You should click "Edit" button for your strategy (the one where you set strategy name) and change it to allow only 1 bet per selection/runner.
Thanks but this doesn't matter as I have bet type by favourite position to only 1 bet
Rules "Bet if specific market selection is in price range" should be removed. Instead you should use "Market conditions->Min/max required price for selection" to check if first and third favorites are within your set price range.
bet if specific market selection in price range works so I won't change this. What is the benfit using your method?
You are placing Lay bets to liability of £5, which means that your final bet size is much smaller and most likely is less than valid bet size of 0.01.
This is fine I will increase liablity when the winning pot increases.
At "Price settings->Price rules" you have set to worsen your price by 70 ticks. You are checking only Back price for price range of 40 - 1,000, but bets are placed at unknown Lay price which is worsened by 70 ticks. This means that you are most likely placing Lay bets at odds of 1,000. Change this to ask for worse price by 1 or 2 ticks, not 70 ticks.
This is also fine as long as i lays a bet. incrementally is fine. This strat was 100% success
You should also add "Selection conditions->Min/max price for selection" rule and set it to check Lay price for price range.
I've included this now thanks. However lay is never lower than back so this works
You removed Back/Lay Ratio rule, which means that you are placing bets on selections that could have Back price 40 and Lay price 900. This is obviously very bad offer. You should add "Selection conditions->Back/Lay Ratio" rule and set it to 15-20%.
I do have back/lay ratio at the bottom of the selection conditions
Make sure you use simulation mode. Your strategy is very dangerous, it has many mistakes and you could lose all your money in real mode.

I have safety rules to stop any loss
I've found simulation isn't realistic as it's delayed, I had winning strategies in sim but when sqitching to real, it was too quick
Would increasing delay on bet update counter this?

This reason for the post was to find out why it didn't place bets.
I have a similar strategy that works but can't see why the difference with first strat I sent
Attachments
(4.8 KiB) Downloaded 314 times
By BfBotManager
Your strategy did not post bets as your stake was invalid, it was below 0.01.

Bet is specific market selection is in price range rule is designed to check prices on other markets, not the one at which your strategy is set to bet on. You should use "Min/max required price for selection" rule to check prices at the time of bet on same market at which your strategy is betting.

You should make all the changes that we suggested, as your strategy will keep working but it will be a lot safer as you will have better control over price at which you place bets and on number of bets. It is your choice which settings you will use, now you also know that they are wrong and dangerous.

Your safety settings are set to pause strategy after 2 losing markets, but you could lose all your money with 1 market if you change one of the settings while strategy is working e.g. if you accidentally remove "Lay or amount to win" rule then you could place £5 Lay bets at odds of 1,000, which would create exposure of $5,000. And as your strategy is set to place multiple bets then you could end up with huge exposure and potential loss.