Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By Vella31
Hi,

I have been trying to get bets matched in simulation mode for the Little Acorns system in order to test it out before using the real mode.

To make sure the bets will get matched,I have adjusted the odds parameters so the fave is between 1.01 - 5, second fave 1.01 - 10, and third fave 1.01 - 20.I realise these are not the correct settings,but just wanted to see the bot in action and these parameters should find loads of bets(more or less every race).

However,the bot has not fired off any bets at all and I have no idea why.Should I be able to see the strategy file for Little Acorns anywhere in the bot settings - I have downloaded the GZ file and imported the strategies into the bot?The example strategies were already in view on the Bots/Strategies before downloading the file,but I thought that in order for them to work I had to upload the GZ file anyway.

I'm a little bit confused as I am not very tech savvy,so I would appreciate any help with getting the bets start to fire.A step by step guide would be good as I am a bit thick!

Thanks in advance.
By BfBotManager
Please post screenshots of loaded markets at main MARKETS grid view and of your STRATEGIES/BOTS tab.

Example strategies should already be loaded if this is your first time using the bot, so you should not import any other .gz file.
By Vella31
Thanks for quick reply.

I tried the Acorns strategy before downloading the GZ file and it didn't work,so that is why I tried it again after downloading the file,and again it didn't work.

Just to make you aware,I now have multiple of the same example strategies showing on my Bots/Strategies page after downloading the file(don';t think the attached file shows the multiple of each strategy).
Attachments
strategy.png
strategy.png (335.59 KiB) Viewed 9160 times
markets.png
markets.png (443.04 KiB) Viewed 9160 times
By BfBotManager
Little Acorns strategy will work only with UK and Irish races, as it allows betting only on races where runner is not beaten favourite.

As you made changes to your strategy you should use its Reports tab to see which rule is preventing bet placement. Then you can further adjust that rule until strategy starts placing bets.

Make sure you use simulation mode to test this.
By Vella31
Okay thanks for your help.

Just to confirm,is it okay to use different settings with multiple Little Acorn strategies?I would like to experiment with different staking plans to the default one in order to see which one fits my requirements.

Also,do I have to manually load the horse races from the markets page or is there a way to do this daily automatically?

Just to clarify,I was only using it for UK/Irish racing as per the rules.
By BfBotManager
That is just an example strategy, it is not profitable or best strategy. That strategy should help you learn how to use our software and you should adjust it by your own needs. Make sure you test it in simulation mode.

You should watch video tutorials before you start using our software. There is a video tutorial about auto loading settings that you should watch:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/help/video_tutorials
By Vella31
Hi,

I seem to have solved the reason why my bot wasn't placing any bets on the Little Acorn settings,so thank you for helping me with that.

Regarding the default staking plan that comes with this,is it the same as the 'Revelation Staking Plan',which was incorporated into Little Acorns a while ago by the owner of the system?

Also,is it possible to start monitoring the horse racing markets at a set time (for example 11:00 a.m) for possible bets,but keep checking right up until the off to see if a bet qualifies?If this is possible,after a horse did qualify,how would you stop betting on that race so that no further bets are placed on the same race?

Thank you in advance for your help.
By BfBotManager
We are not aware of changes to Little Acorns strategy, like I said, this is just example to help you get started and you should adjust it by your needs or create new strategy as you like.

Monitoring settings are explained in following help article:
https://help.bfbotmanager.com/article/4 ... ng-markets

You can click on strategy "Edit" button, the one where you set strategy name, and then set maximum number of bets per runner and market to 1.
By Vella31
Once again,thanks for your help.

I've set it up with a few different staking plans (fibonacci etc),but have decided not to use the default one as I don't really understand how that one works and whether or not it's suitable for Little Acorns.

I assumed the default setting was the revelation plan as that was recommended a couple of years ago as a more smooth profit/loss curve,but not sure of how it works.