Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By Keefers
Hi,
I'm new to the software and have just been trialing a few of the strategies from Cid Marcos the last few days. One of them "Next Goal Favourite" seems to be working fine, and settles fine when I check my betfair account, but yesterday out of the 11 matches it bet on, it only seemed to settle one of them in the BFBM software.

Do yiu have any idea of what might be happening here?
thanks
Paul
Attachments
Nextgoal1.jpg
Nextgoal1.jpg (302.91 KiB) Viewed 9695 times
By BfBotManager
Make sure you did not remove those markets from MARKETS grid view. Check your settings at "Tools&Settings->Monitoring markets->Remove markets" tab and set it to remove only closed markets without bets.

Bot will update bet settlement information when market is closed. As you have large number of markets loaded then it is possible that this takes longer than expected.

At main BETS tab you can use menu item "update bets" to update those bets.
By Keefers
Ok thanks.
I updated the bets on the Bets Tab as you suggested and it settled the unsettled bets however it hasn't updated the profit/loss on the main strategies tab for those particular strategies. Is there any way I can get it to now update with the newly settled bets?

Under my settings the only tabs that were selected were:
Remove closed markets that do not have any bets, and
Remove Deselected markets after start time.

Are these settings ok?

thanks,
Paul
By BfBotManager
Hi Paul,

Profit/loss should get updated automatically unless strategy was restarted. It is not possible to update that manually.

Those settings are ok, just make sure you do not deselect or remove those markets from main markets grid view. You should also check if those markets are present at the moment at main MARKETS grid view.

Another thing that you can do, try to auto load only markets at which your strategies will bet. At your screenshot you have more than 2,400 markets loaded, so try to optimize your auto load settings.
By Keefers
BfBotManager wrote:Hi Paul,

Profit/loss should get updated automatically unless strategy was restarted. It is not possible to update that manually.

Those settings are ok, just make sure you do not deselect or remove those markets from main markets grid view. You should also check if those markets are present at the moment at main MARKETS grid view.

Another thing that you can do, try to auto load only markets at which your strategies will bet. At your screenshot you have more than 2,400 markets loaded, so try to optimize your auto load settings.

Ok thanks. I havn't manually removed any markets from grid view, it is all just automatic using the settings mentioned in previous post. Its just strange as thats the only market that doesn't seem to settle, whereas other markets from the game all settled no problem.

Not sure how I can optimise my autoload settings? I am currently triailing several football strategies so I need next goal, match odds, O 0.5 fh, 01.5, 02.5 etc, so I just selected those markets and then loaded them for the days football under the default settings, so BFBM is loading 5 or 6 markets for the days matches which resulted in the 2400 markets mentioned above! is there something i can do differently to still be able to use these strategies?
thanks
Paul
By BfBotManager
Hi Paul,

If your strategies require all those markets then you have to load them.

If your strategies are not using staking plans and their next bet does not depend on outcome of previous bet then settled bets information will not have any effect on them, as they will keep placing bets by your rules.
By Keefers
Hi,

I am still having problems with unsettled bets and then once manually settling after I press the "update bets" button, they are not updating under the strategy tab and therefore not updating my p/l from each strategy.

For example, In the first screenshot of the BETS tab, it shows all the bets now settled for my "Next Goal Favourite" strategy.
But in the second screenshot of the Strategy tab it shows only 2 of the 7 bets as settled even tho as I've just shown, they are all now settled on the BETS tab.

This means my p/l is not accurate and has happened on more than one strategy. any ideas why this information is not updating?

thanks
Paul
Attachments
screen1.jpg
screen1.jpg (167.42 KiB) Viewed 9633 times
screen2.jpg
screen2.jpg (233.7 KiB) Viewed 9633 times
By andyg303
I'm also having this issue by the way and it randomly appeared about 3-4 days ago.

My settings have remained exactly the same over the period where the issue appeared so looks like this is a bug at your end.

I have emailed you with screenshots and the log file, so please get back to us both with a solution as fast as you can because I can't track what my bots are doing right now which is not good at all :lol:

Many thanks
By andyg303
Just seen this was 2019, thought it was from October this year!!!!

Apologies but the fact remains the issue is the same and it randomly appeared without me changing any settings.

Thanks
By BfBotManager
On 18th October 2023 Betfair made some changes to the way their system works and how settled bets are updated. As a result of those changes we had to update BF Bot Manager and update 3.1.23 was published on 5th October 2023.

Please do following:
1. save your license key, you can find it within software at HELP->Licenses form
2. export all your strategies to a file to make backup
3. uninstall BF Bot Manager
4. download latest version from our Download page and install it:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/download

Uninstall process will not delete your strategies or settings, but it is always best to make a backup before uninstalling software.