Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
confusing profit and loss2.jpg
confusing profit and loss2.jpg (329.65 KiB) Viewed 6608 times
I'm confused with the Discrepancies in bank balance and profit and loss amounts.
Starting with a bank of £100 can someone explain why the circled amounts are all different, some showing different profit amounts and one show a loss?
Attachments
bets.jpg
bets.jpg (450.99 KiB) Viewed 6608 times
Picture 1st July.png
Picture 1st July.png (123.93 KiB) Viewed 6531 times
Hi Rade

Could you explain to me why I am losing money.
My Betfair starting account was $1020.00
The current account is $1014.00 which has not shown up on the screen shot.
The P/L shows $ 4.52

Actual money I have lost $6.00
Why is the P/L showing a profit $ 4.52 when it should be a loss of $ 6.00
Winx19 wrote:
Picture 1st July.png
Hi Rade

Could you explain to me why I am losing money.
My Betfair starting account was $1020.00
The current account is $1014.00 which has not shown up on the screen shot.
The P/L shows $ 4.52

Actual money I have lost $6.00
Why is the P/L showing a profit $ 4.52 when it should be a loss of $ 6.00
Hi Winx19,

Your Betfair account includes all bets placed by you and any other software that you might use.

Have you set Betfair commission within bot so that bot takes it off from overall profit/loss? This can be set at Tools&Settings->General settings form, tick option to take commission from overall profit and to increase bet size to cover the commission.

Commission estimate within bot is not fully accurate as at some markets you might be charged higher or lower commission by Betfair, while bot will always use your set commission at settings form because it does not receive commission from Betfair in this case.

Regards,
Rade
Hi Rade

I thought that might have been the problem, I have now set the Betfair commission at 8%

After yesterdays betting I have recouped my loss and Betfair account is back to $1020.00 with the P/L at $ 11.81 for the strategies.

I will monitor the progress and probably adjust the commission +/- 1% just to try and keep it accurate

Thanks

Mick