Forum

FAQs and other general questions are answered here
By pyrrhus80
I have two strategies that are *almost* identical. The only difference is that they have slightly different staking plans (I am currently testing to see which plan works better.)

Most importantly, they have identical "after bet rules"... which are set to hedge once another specific strategy has a bet which is matched.

On occasion, even though the rules are identical, one strategy will trigger the hedge rule and the other will not.

What could be the reason for this?
Sorry if it's a pain, but could you please get back to me about this.

I don't understand why two strategies with identical "after bet" rules would behave differently.

Why would one strategy trigger the hedge rule but the other one would not?

I don't expect both strategies to trigger the rule at exactly the same time, but they should still both trigger the rule.

For example:
A recent football match. Brechin v East Fife (Scottish League One) 19:45, 05 March 2019
Both strategies placed lay bets on 0-0 on the correct score market before kick off.
Both strategies have a single "after bet" rule instructing them to hedge after 15 minutes (at minimum price of 4).
After 15 minutes, the first strategy placed a hedge bet at a price of 8.4
The second strategy did not place any hedge bet.
The match finished with no goals and the second strategy made a considerable loss (simulation mode)

I simply can't understand why one strategy can trigger the hedge rule but the other does not.
There were no goals so there would have been no sudden price movements.
The first strategy hedged at 8.4 so there would have been plenty of time before the price dropped below 4.

On most occasions, both strategies will trigger the hedge rule. However, very occasionally (as in the above example,) one strategy will fail.
It is not the same strategy failing each time.

Please help.
Hi there,

Only 1 hedge can be executed at same time on same selection.

If strategy A starts executing hedge then strategy B must wait for strategy A hedge to complete execution before it tries to execute its hedge on SAME SELECTION.

If you are betting during in play or at low prices then bet placement can last several seconds during which period prices can change.

Once hedge for strategy A has finished execution then strategy B can try to execute its own hedge on same selection, but this time prices might be different and hedge might no longer be satisfied.

To increase speed the hedge executes try using regular bet sized bets (above minimum bet size), increase refresh rate for monitoring markets at Tools&Settings->Monitoring settings to 300ms.

Regards,
Rade
Thank you for the reply.

I now understand what you mean about only one hedge being executed at the same time on the same selection.

However, in the example I shared, I don't think this would explain the problem.
As I said, no goals were scored, and there is no reason why the price would have dropped to below 4 in the time it took for the first strategy to finish hedging.
(I know from a seperate strategy that the price for "under 0.5 goals" was 7.8 after 20 minutes, so it's safe to assume that correct score 0-0 would have been the same price.)
All bet sizes are above the minimum.
Bet history indicates that the hedge bet placed by the first strategy was matched instantly.

I will try increasing the refresh rate.