Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By mba08jc
I would like to carry out the following on a football match:

Back a home team with 1 unit and if the score goes 1-0 I want to lay the home team with the same 1 unit stake so that all profits are left on the home team (scratch on away win and draw). I believe this is 'closing' the position.

However if the score goes 0-1 I want to lay the away team with 1 unit. Then if an equaliser (any score) comes I would like to hedge to achieve the same as the 'cash-out' button does on the Betfair interface.

I have created 2 bots to do this (attached). Bot 1 backs the home team and lays them if 1-0 happens. Bot 2 lays the away team if 0-1 happens and hedges if at any point there is an equaliser. In any case I wait 120s for the market to settle before doing anything.

I am having two problems:
1. On some rare occasions at 1-0, Bot 1 does not execute the close specified in the Hedging settings. After checking matches I can see this is not because of any liquidity issues or because another goal happening before 120s. Can you see any reason why this might be the case?

2. The hedge that occurs using Bot 2 is not functioning like the 'cash-out' button. It is not leaving equal profits on all outcomes. Do you know why this might be?

Thanks.
Attachments
(3.4 KiB) Downloaded 394 times
(3.45 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
By BfBotManager
Answers:
1. min price is set to 1.1, max price to 50.0 and back/lay ratio is 50%. Try adjusting those to 1.01, 500 and 200%

2. set hedge to ask for zero ticks worse price instead of 2 ticks worse price, then you should get equal profit/loss regardless of outcome
By mba08jc
Thanks for the advice.

I haven't had any qualifying games that have tested fix number 2 yet.

However, I had the same problem 1 again. Where the home team goes 1-0 and the close does not get executed, even after changing the min price to 1.01, max price to 500 and back/lay ratio % to 200 and the back/lay tick ratio to 200. I had two qualifying games yesterday and one of them executed fine and the other one didn't. The only thing I can see in common with the games that don't execute is that the 1-0 has happened early - 6 minutes.
By BfBotManager
Please save screenshots of MARKETS grid view showing match, live score data, placed bet. Also save screenshots of "Tools&Settings->Monitoring settings and General settings", all tabs. Then save log file as txt file and send it all to us to check it. You should open support ticket to send us all this information:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/contact