Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By HairyMolly
Help please. How can I ensure that a specific greyhound selection is made within a certain odds range? I am running a strategy but the bot is placing 'rogue' bets outside the range which I have selected. I don't think I can use the 'selection by position' rule as this would be an issue where, let's say, Trap 1 was vacant so now Trap 2 becomes position 1, does it not and that is not what is desired. I am using the 'Allow betting on selections whose name contains etc' and have noted the trap number in the box but I am still seeing odd selections. Does anyone have any ideas? Thank You
By BfBotManager
Your selection conditions are probably wrong, you should use "Min/max selection price" to check if selection is within your price range, set it to check Lay price of Any selection.

If you keep having problems then post screenshots of your Selection conditions to check them.
By HairyMolly
Thanks for your prompt reply but I have checked the Min/Max price range which is what I want. I do though question whether the bot should look at 'Any' Selection because wouldn't that then pick up every selection? As we speak, the bot is behaving as it should and I will continue to monitor and flag any further issues. But I have one more question please and that concerns the order of rules in the selections conditions tab. Which rule should come first; Min/Max Selection Price or Selections Filter? Thank you
By HairyMolly
Re my earlier post, I am still having issues with the bot selecting the 'right' trap. Let's assume Trap 1 is vacant and there are 5 runners and also that Trap 2 is the favourite. That now becomes position 1 in the market. What is the selection condition to bet on Trap 3 which might be the second fave in the market.
By BfBotManager
HairyMolly wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:38 pm Re my earlier post, I am still having issues with the bot selecting the 'right' trap. Let's assume Trap 1 is vacant and there are 5 runners and also that Trap 2 is the favourite. That now becomes position 1 in the market. What is the selection condition to bet on Trap 3 which might be the second fave in the market.
If you wish to bet on 2nd favorite then use "Bet type by favorite position" rule and set it for 2nd favorite.

If you wish to bet on specific trap number then you can use "Selections filter" and set it to allow betting only un runners whose name contains specific text e.g. 2 for runner with number 2 in its name.

Please test it in simulation mode and if you keep having problems then please post screenshots of placed bets, your settings and of race selections from within the bot.