Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By sandres53
My Results 10/11/21 G AU/NZ
Filters : Runner/Box with BFBM One Filters
SEQ:No
IA : No
Speed ratings : No
Tissue prices :No

T=+101 $ SR:44% :roll: 12/24 STOP

Sandres53
The Fisherman
Attachments
G BOX 1-6 101121.JPG
G BOX 1-6 101121.JPG (268.89 KiB) Viewed 15246 times
By woweee
10/11/21
Laying Aus/Nz dogs
43.2 pts profit today.
Attachments
Aus-Nz dogs.png
Aus-Nz dogs.png (269.72 KiB) Viewed 15239 times
By woweee
Another winning day.
I'm going to move to a new thread.
Hopefully get some input on how to improve it.
By boblewo
dn6789 wrote: dn6789
Hey dn6789! I read all of this topic (and some others as well, regarding dogs). I've been trying for months on ed now to try to find a decent strategy regarding dogs, AUS, or UK, lay or back, with hedge, with trade out, everything, but with no success at all.

I don't even care if it is a small profit, as long as it is constant.

Would you be willing to just chat about it, maybe look at some of my strategies, or give me some insight? Please 🥺
By Woopin
boblewo wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:48 pm
dn6789 wrote: dn6789
Hey dn6789! I read all of this topic (and some others as well, regarding dogs). I've been trying for months on ed now to try to find a decent strategy regarding dogs, AUS, or UK, lay or back, with hedge, with trade out, everything, but with no success at all.

I don't even care if it is a small profit, as long as it is constant.

Would you be willing to just chat about it, maybe look at some of my strategies, or give me some insight? Please 🥺
I can no longer see DN so going to answer this.

Stricter selections, Lay markets are usually easier to profit from due to their nature as backing is safer than laying just make sure you control the liability by not backing no-hopers in case they win because they do quite often in dogs.

Also seen as laying is better and easier to profit I never use loss recovery because you will blow your bank fast. I would strongly recommend either Retirement staking plan. To stop them from going to crazy amounts also have a reset on £0.10p profit in place. I usually run 3 strategies linked together and have them all reset on any profit. I have some bad days but mostly good days. You can later move on to Pro Staking once you know a setting works in Retirement Staking, I use retirement because you can go under the £1 mark.

Knowing your strike rates and loss streaks is critical to how you go about changing recovery or betting type to suit. Once you master this you can turn any strategy profitable as long as you have the ability to trust your system. You also need to look at losses in a row and how frequent they are because you can protect against them.

Collecting 1000 results at 0.01p in real mode is what I usually do you can do this in simulated mode but it is less reliable, I guess it depends on how I am betting. Also, be careful of season changes like Horse flat seasons and Football seasons for example. What profits for one may not for another season. Also sometimes I will use a higher amount again depending on odds and so on as minimum value will affect results. But mostly to attain an accurate strike rate as that data is pretty much key to making something not portable to profitable.

I have attached an example, not sure if this is profitable but it gives you an idea of what I just talked about with retirement staking and resetting on a win also I would keep this instance as a back strategy due to the expected strike rates. Safe to use in Simulation mode without it being skewed too much.

I may run the examples for a while and create a staking plan to make them profitable just to show it is possible to turn around most strategies as long as you have the data.

But this is just one example of turning something that would probably not go too well into something that should turn a profit. If I ran the data for this I would also set a "stop loss" too but that would be down for you to decide.
Attachments
(3.74 KiB) Downloaded 683 times
By Woopin
Also to further add as I have not seen it mentioned here but you can run 2 instances of BF Bot Manager on the same Desktop and the same screen using Sandboxie Plus (open source free software) if you have a good computer. I personally use this software to run 2 instances sometimes. It works perfectly fine running BF Bot Manager in simulation and real at the same time. I have been doing this for 3 months now with no issues, but with anything use caution.

Be aware other software that is not coded as well as BF Bot Manager (which I will not name) does not work well in multiple instances and causes simulation and real modes to all run in real mode I found out the hard way, so I would not recommend it if you are running other betting software.

Again this is all used at your own risk as you are creating multiple instances of Windows running software designed to be run only in one instance.

But for me, it really accelerated the process of creating a losing strategy into a winning strategy as I would run systems in one instance and tweak the other, and the changes sometimes were unexpected.

Also, I would run the same system side by side in real and simulation mode to get a feel for how things are affected and there is a huge difference sometimes which is why I tend to not use simulation as much anymore. But for learning it is really a good tool. I attached a screen with 2 instances taken off the same desktop.

Mods please delete if this post goes against any terms of service.
Attachments
bf31.jpg
bf31.jpg (166.3 KiB) Viewed 10496 times