Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By Rendoe
Anyone else getting bloody frustrated with the way the application behaves between simulation and real betting mode?

Built several seemingly profiting strategies in simulation, awesome, move them to my other pc running real bets. Completely different bets are being placed for almost all races. Makes simulation mode completely pointless!
Hi Rendoe,

Simulation mode is using Betfair delayed data that can be delayed anywhere between 1s and 180s. This makes simulation unrealistic for trading and similar strategies.

Simulation mode also does not check if there is enough money to fully match your bet at requested size. All bets are matched if requested price is available.

In real mode bot is using real Betfair data that is not delayed.

You should read following article that explains differences between simulation and real mode:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/help/kn ... ation-mode

And this article about delayed data
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/help/kn ... layed-data
Rendoe wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:59 pm Anyone else getting bloody frustrated with the way the application behaves between simulation and real betting mode?

Built several seemingly profiting strategies in simulation, awesome, move them to my other pc running real bets. Completely different bets are being placed for almost all races. Makes simulation mode completely pointless!
Use simulation mode to see if the bot will fire up strategy or otherwise use super small stakes to see if it will work in real mode.
Antiflibble wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:09 am I've totally given up with simulation mode, and simply use micro-stakes to test new strategies....if it costs me £5 then that's a price worth paying to me to ensure I'm using real-world data.
I think this is the best way to test things. I run 2-5p backing and .10p laying strategies in this way. Just don't make the mistake that I done and forgot to put a stop loss on it.