Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By dn6789
I used to think to myself sequence what the heck use is that - but after playing around with it - it actually surprisingly useful.

when you look through the stats it is always biased one way or another for obvious reasons .. number 1 stats are always high because they have more runners - favorites win more races on average etc etc

but if you look at an average day and restrict yourself to 8 horse or dog fields

so what does this tell me ?

that you can forget form - scraping etc and look at just raw numbers

if you exclude favs (1) that are less than $1.90 then surely you can build a profitable strategy right ?

1,2,3,1,1,4,3,1,2,3,5,1,2,3,1,3,2,1 restart on win and restart at end

you need to bias (1) because you know that this will have the highest win rate - but you need to randomize it with other numbers to capture more wins - and when you win you want (1) first so you could perhaps get a streak going

next you need to figure out how to bet

starting out till you find the best sequence I would suggest

1.90-2.60 $7
2.61-3.41 $6.30
3.42 - 5.50 $5.75
5.51 + $5

once you see the results come in you can adjust the amounts and recovery strategy to take into account

then as I said before you could match this up with its own recovery - or link to a seperate strategy to perform the recovery for you.

so long story short - I played around with this yesterday - I had 40% SR and profit was about $60

also make it do BSP bets - so you can capture that little bit extra if possible on final settle price and make sure to use trigger at like last 15 seconds so you get a more accurate market reading.

THINGS TO REMEMBER

1. your going to have to build your own sequence that maybe short or long - depending what you want
2. start off with the price bets while you work on your SR
3. when SR is known or high enough then adjust bet size and introduce recovery
4. identify a certain size field - group of runners - jockeys - just that one additional factor that can reduce the random factor of racing even just a little bit
By dn6789
you must start sequence with 1 - after that you can make up your own based on stats and betting pattern

the reason is sometimes you get 8 fav 1 dogs winning or 5 fav 1 horses

so these help build up you bank - so you absolutely need 1 as first number and restart after win checked of course