Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
Hi is there a way I can restart bots after certain amount of markets. I notice that it only gives you the option to pause/stop.

If that can't be done, then there is a question related to loss recovery. I have studied the manual for a long time but unable to get what I want!

I'll try to explain in its simplest form. Example;
Three horse race
1) I lay horse 1, 2 and 3 (Separate bots). I have liability set aiming for 'x' profit
2) Horse 1 wins meaning I lose that bet but win the other 2
3) On the next race I want to recover the loss from horse 1 in race 1, but across the liability of the other 2 horses.

What I'm finding is, if target profit was £10 (each) it should be ;
Horse 2 - 3.00 - £5.00
Horse 3 - 2.00 - £10.00
However, when the loss recovery kicks in, lets say in this instance I'm looking to recover £2.50, it goes like;
Horse 2 - 3.00 - £5.00 + £1.25
Horse 3 - 2.00 - £10.00 + £1.25

What I would want in this circumstance is;
Horse 2 - 3.00 - £3.75 + £1.25
Horse 3 - 2.00 - £8.75 + £1.25

I would like my loss recovery to be incorporated with my target level stake (liability).

*Horse - odds - bet - loss rec

I hope this makes sense and I haven't just given a really shit example.

Thanks
Hi again,

Can you tell me how the current session loss is -£83.90, when the P/L is -£14.77?

Bot with -£14.77 also recovers the following 3 bots underneath (-£1.85, -£0.46, -£2.17). These all collectively are still nowhere near the -£83.90 its saying.

Reason for asking is the bot now is doing recovery bets that are way more than they need to be.
Attachments
bot check.PNG
bot check.PNG (85.53 KiB) Viewed 6418 times
Hi Billy,

You are looking only at one part of your settings and you are calculating loss by using overall strategies profit/loss. Actual loss to recover depends on all your loss recovery settings and is calculated by using only losing bets.

You are recovering loss from other three strategies and this is probably the part that is causing you problems understand how this works.

Loss recovery by default recovers only loss from other strategies, it does not look at their profit, so it is wrong to use strategy overall p/l to calculate loss to recover, you need to use only losing bets from other strategies. This part is confusing for many users and we are rewritting manual to explain this in more detail.
Its good that the manual is to be re-written. Ive been studying it for a week or so now lol.

Ok I kind of understood what you said, I think a little more trial and error is needed.

Is there any other staking plans that can be used to either, 1) recover just the last race loss, or 2) keep the same stakes unless any strategies fall into loss?
Other staking plans are not doing loss recovery like "Overall loss recovery", instead they are following their staking sequence without checking if loss is recovered or not.

There is no staking plan that we can recommend that would "keep the same stakes unless any strategies fall into loss". You will need to review them one by one and see which one is best for your needs, but most of them are designed to work with their own strategy bets, not with other strategies bets and profit/loss.
Hi Billy

Would this work for what you're trying to achieve?
For starters imagine that you are using 2 strats. Set each up to bet as you want using the overall P/L staking. Proceed with your stakes increasing at a rate that you choose.
Use the overall max P/L for selected strategies and select to restart when in overall profit, restarting both strats and restarting your staking sequence, or to stop placing bets (or restart)if your max loss is hit.
A bit complicated to set up but have a play with small stakes, Hope it makes sense.
Hey thanks for the suggestion.

I have been playing around away from this the max loss and profit with the same strategy. I have had some success but still not ideally what I want. But, yes thanks for the suggestion again and I may go back to it to see if I can refine it!