Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By rapsib
Hello, I have been using BFBM for two weeks without any problem. Suddenly today it will not load. I get the loading screen for a few seconds that then dissapears and then nothing. I have changed no settings and I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still not loading.
By BfBotManager
Which Windows version are you using?

Try installing Windows updates, restart your computer etc.

Also try restoring default settings, but please note that this will also delete your strategies. To restore default settings you can use "Start->Programs->BF Bot Manager->Configuration editor" tool.
By rapsib
Hello, thank you for your reply

I am using Windows 10
All windows updates have been installed and PC restarted
I have uninstalled and reinstalled BFBM
Configuration editor says 'Settings folder does not exist'

Everything was good for 2 weeks then I shut down for the first time thus closing BFBM for the first time and then it would not restart.

Thanks,
Ralph
By BfBotManager
Hi Ralph,

If settings folder does not exist then there is probably issue with bot having permission to create settings folder. Try running application as administrator and see if that helps. Also check what changes you made to your Windows before bot stopped working, maybe one of your applications is preventing bot from creating settings folder and working properly e.g. antivirus, firewall or Windows account settings etc.
By rapsib
How do I run the app as administrator, I can't run the app.
How do I know what changes I made to Windows.
I don't have any different apps or setting than when the app was running ok.
By BfBotManager
Right click on app desktop icon and then in menu choose "Run as administrator".

We do not know what changes you made to your computer so we cannot help you with that.

You can at any time install application on another computer or VPS and run it there.
By rapsib
When I right click I do not get 'Run as administrator' option.
I realise you wouldn't know what changes I have made I was asking how I could find what changes I have made.
Why would I want to install it on another computer or VPS whatever that is, it worked on here for 2 weeks so why does it not work now, surely it should. I presume it is compatible with Windows 10. It didn't say before I downloaded that it would not be compatible with Windows 10.
By BfBotManager
Yes, our software is compatible with Windows 10. This is something related to your Windows account. If you do not have option to run software as administrator then its probably related to your account being limited in some way.
By rapsib
well I've spent the whole day fiddling around with security and accounts and settings. I am definitely an authorised administrator of my account. Still it does not load. What do you suggest.
By BfBotManager
Please open new support ticket and send us log.txt and log_esa.txt files from following folder:
c:\Users\{WINDOWS ACCOUNT USERNAME}\AppData\Local\bfbotmanager.com\BF Bot Manager V3\

If that folder does not exist then you will have to use another computer to run the software. Bot creates those files immediately when you try to start it. If bot is unable to create those files then something is not right with your Windows settings or Windows, in which case we cannot help you.

You can open new support ticket at following page:
https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/contact
By BfBotManager
One other user reported similar problem and it was solved by displaying hidden files and folders, so that folder "AppData" shows up, then manually finding and deleting bot settings folders.

First try to restore default configuration settings by using "Start->Programs->BF Bot Manager->Configuration editore" tool. This will delete all bot settings and strategies. Only if that does not work then try to do this manually like explained below.

Please open "C:\Users\{WINDOWS ACCOUNT USERNAME}" folder and do following.

When you open that folder in Windows Explorer, then click on "View->Options" menu item in the top menu, and then at its View settings tick option to display hidden files and folder. Then you should be able to see "AppData" folder and in it you should be able to find path to the following folders:
AppData\Local\bfbotmanager.com\Bf Bot Manager V3
AppData\Local\Sodens_Limited

Then delete bot files in those two folders. That should clear bot settings, strategies and restore bot to initial state, and hopefully solve this problem.
Attachments
hidden files and folders.png
hidden files and folders.png (56.31 KiB) Viewed 5303 times