Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
Hi. Just had my account activated and looking for a bit of advice on the finishing touches to my strat and the hedging aspect in particular.

I'm drip backing my stake into an overs market and I've setup 4 bots to drip in 25% stake at set odds. I tested it yesterday and what I've got so far in it's basic form seems to work and bets were entered into the market so I'm happy how that's performing.

The next part for me is the hedging element which I'm not sure on.

This is my working strat theory

bet 1 - 25% stake - X price
bet 2 - 25% stake - 25 ticks above bet 1 price
bet 2 - 25% stake - 25 ticks above bet 2 price
bet 3 - 25% stake - 25 ticks above bet 3 price = full position matched

Hedge rules

If bet 1 or bet 1 & 2 matched and a goal is scored cancel unmatched bets and leave trade to run. If no further goals scored hedge on 50% loss

If bet 3 or bet 3 & 4 matched then a goal is scored hedge. If no goal by 75 mins then hedge.

Just struggling wrapping my head around the rules to use.
You have 4 strategies, so set "After bet rules->Hedge" rule for each one separately and set it to use profit/loss from that initial bet only (default profit/loss setting at hedge form).

Use Sport specific score option at hedge to trigger it only at selected scores, regardless of other hedge settings.

You can also use option "Hedge->Market conditions->Football - Match minute and Football - Bet when score" to trigger hedge after 75th minute if score is one of selected scores set here.

Then test it in simulation mode to see if it will work like you want it to.
BfBotManager wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:42 pm You have 4 strategies, so set "After bet rules->Hedge" rule for each one separately and set it to use profit/loss from that initial bet only (default profit/loss setting at hedge form).

Use Sport specific score option at hedge to trigger it only at selected scores, regardless of other hedge settings.

You can also use option "Hedge->Market conditions->Football - Match minute and Football - Bet when score" to trigger hedge after 75th minute if score is one of selected scores set here.

Then test it in simulation mode to see if it will work like you want it to.
Thanks for the reply. I'll add these and see how it performs. Am I able to run just one bot in sim mode while my others are in live mode?
So I think I've got the hedging sorted now. But I've come across another issue where part 1 of the strat places a bet but then parts 2,3,4 never put bets into the market.

I've got a market condition on parts 2,3 & 4 that says only place a bet if there's a matched bet on the previous part which I've named in the rules.
theglove01 wrote: Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:28 pm So I think I've got the hedging sorted now. But I've come across another issue where part 1 of the strat places a bet but then parts 2,3,4 never put bets into the market.

I've got a market condition on parts 2,3 & 4 that says only place a bet if there's a matched bet on the previous part which I've named in the rules.
Please post screenshots of Market/Selection/Price/Staking rules for your 2nd strategy that is not placing bets.
I think I've found the answer from a thread a couple of pages down.

I had a market condition that may have been preventing the subsequent bets from firing so I've removed that and added a new selection criteria to only place a bet if the selected strategy has bets on the specified markets.