Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By Nesport
I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here.... but...

I want to back over 2.5 goals in a football match and drip my stake in at 15 mins, 23 mins, 30 mins, 35 mins and 46 mins.

How do I do this? I understand there is a time delay feature between bets but I have varying time intervals between the bets.
By BfBotManager
Hi Nesport,

There is no drip staking plan, but you can create separate strategy for each bet and set different time when bet should be placed.

You can also use "Selection conditions->Only if specified strategy has bets" to check if previous strategy has matched bets on the same selection.

Please test it in simulation mode.
By Nesport
Thanks. What effect does having separate strategies for different time periods have on the maximum bets per runner rule? Does each strategy operate independently on this maximum or are strategies combined for the maximum?

For example say I had strategy 1 that placed a bet on my selection after 5 minutes and strategy 2 that placed a bet on the same selection after 10 minutes, if each strategy had the default maximum of 1 bet per runner would strategy 2 still fire after strategy 1 had placed a bet on that runner?
By BfBotManager
Each strategy works for it self. So you would have 2 bets in your example as each strategy has max of 1. Please test it in simulation mode.
By Nesport
Then I don't understand why only the first bet is firing and no subsequent ones.......

I want to back over 2.5 goals at 8 different time points so I've created a strategy to back over 2.5 goals, I've then duplicated it 8 times and changed the time period to place a bet in each copy.

I've selected the matches I want the strategy to operate on and made my selections within the market (over 2.5). I've then saved those selections as 'tips'. Imported the tips file and started all 8 strategies but only the first bet placement is firing on each match - subsequent bets at later time periods are not firing?

Edit - Checking the log suggests the problem is that it's failing on the imported tip name but that can't be the case as it's identical with each strategy having been duplicated from the others without changing the imported tips name! Surely I don't also have to export every single match with 8 different unique tip names as well?
By BfBotManager
You imported those selections as tips and only 1 bet can be placed per imported tip.

There are 2 solutions for your problem, those are:
1. import tips for each strategy separately with different Provider name and adjust Staking->Bet on imported tips rule so that it bets only on tips from that provider

or

2. set first strategy to bet on imported tips and other strategies to bet on same selections as first strategy. You can do this by removing "Staking->Bet on imported..." tips rule and by adding "Selection conditions->Only if specified strategy has bets" rule that will check if first strategy has Matched bets on the same selection. That way those other strategies will only bet on selections at which first strategy placed bets. Also use "Default bet type" rule

In both cases makes sure that you test it all in simulation mode.