Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By philjer25
Good Afternoon,

I am adding a Safety Rule to all of my strategies to ensure my max profit is £3000 and max loss is £40.00. (Labelled A on the screenshot)

I am using the option for 'Max Profit/Loss for Selected Strategies' (I have added this to every strategy with £3000/£40 accordingly)

Each day at 23:59 I am running the 'Auto Restart' Safety Rule.

So that any day I have a £40 loss across all my strategies the strategies are paused but restarted at midnight to go again the next day.

I don't understand why it is assuming the loss is £114.47? (marked as B on the screenshot)

I restarted all of the strategies manually so that the profit/loss would begin from £0.00 and each day at midnight reset to £0.00 for the next day using the Auto Restart condition in Safety Rules. (P/L restart highlighted as C on the screenshot)

Currently, all of the strategies just re-pause whenever I start them. I assume it is down to the issue of the £114.47 (B on the screenshot)
2020-09-16SafetyRuleProfitLossSRv01.00.jpg
2020-09-16SafetyRuleProfitLossSRv01.00.jpg (352.25 KiB) Viewed 2989 times
Kind Regards

Philjer
Paused strategies cannot be started again automatically. You should select option to Stop placing bets.

This rule will only execute after max profit/loss values are exceeded, it will not limit your profit/loss to those values, so be careful.

You are using trailing stop profit/loss, so max profit/loss values change as your strategies make profit/loss.

Auto restart rule needs to be the first in the list, so use up arrow to move it to the first place. Time to auto restart is not good, as it will allow strategy to restart only between 23:59 and 00:00. All rules execute when prices are downloaded and if none prices are downloaded then this rule might not execute. Set it to restart at 00:01 instead. Then restart will happen when first prices are downloaded after 00:01.