Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By dahipster
Hope you can help!

I have been running BFBot on a virtual machine for a little while and everything was working fine.

I was trying to increase the screen resolution within the VM by increasing the memory available in VirtualBox. When this was not successful in increasing resolution in the OS, I tried to reset the VM back to the previous settings (1 CPU core, 4GB RAM, 49mb graphics memory) which is the same as the other VM running BFBot. However, I made an error when settings the memory and I set it to 4mb instead of GB. The VM failed to boot several times before I realised what I had done. I corrected the memory setting back to 4GB, booted the VM, launched BFBot.... nothing. Reinstalled BFBot... nothing. Increased the memory and graphics memory and CPU cores in the VM... nothing. Reset BFBot defaults... nothing.

The splash screen appears for a couple of seconds, then vanishes without launching the login screen. All the other apps seem to run fine, I can even access Betfair web via Chrome and log in fine.

I really don't know what I have done here! Do you have any suggestions before I build a new VM? Is there a way of retrieving the strategies?

Thanks for any advice!
By BfBotManager
You will need to restore default settings, but before you do that you should backup your strategies file that. Make copy of all files from following folder:

Strategies are automatically saved when you exit bot in following file:
c:\Users\{WINDOWS ACCOUNT USERNAME}\AppData\Local\bfbotmanager.com\Bf Bot Manager V3\

Then use "Start->Programs->BF Bot Manager->Configuration editor" tool to restore default settings.

You should be able to run bot after that. Settings files are probably corrupted as you did not exit/close bot properly.