Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By simonmuir62
Is there a way to do this using the software? I have been scratching my head trying to figure out how to get the bot to look at the correct market. All I want to do is lay the current scoreline at HT as long as the lay odds are between 5 - 9 and the score isn't 0-0. The problem being not knowing what the score will be at HT, so unable to tell the bot which line to look at.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Simon
By BfBotManager
Hi Simon,

You can use Default bet type and "Selection conditions->Selections filter" rule with option to allow betting only on current score ticked.

Add price range and "Football - Bet when score" rule that will not allow betting when score is 0-0.

Then try it out in simulation mode.
By simonmuir62
That's great thanks, have input that and all looks good and makes sense. One more issue though, I want to select only certain matches. My though was maybe to set a small trigger bet before the game (i.e. back home side for 0.01p if match odds between 1.01 and 1000) and then the CS bot can have a rule to only pick games where the trigger bot has a bet?
By simonmuir62
Good afternoon,

have been running this for a a couple of weeks now and all going smoothly apart from 1 issue. I am laying the correct score when odds are between 5-9. I'm asking the bot to start placing bets 55 mins after in play to catch the score at HT. The problem is where there is an early second half goal. Firstly great my initial bet wins, but then the next scoreline odds are within my odds bracker (5-9) because there is plenty of time for another goal. I only want the bot to fire once, during the HT period. Is there an easy way to stop the bot placing another bet?
By BfBotManager
At strategy "Edit" form, the one where you set strategy name, set maximum number of bets per market and selection to 1. Then try agian in simulation mode, it should allow only one bet to placed per market.
By simonmuir62
hi again, further developments on this bot. I have noticed over the past 2 weekends it has missed games. I thought this may have been due to over round settings in lower liquidity leagues, or maybe the max back and lay ratio, but I spotted a pattern both weeks. At 15:45 on a Saturday when my volume is the highest, it only placed a bet on one match despite 4 qualifying. Again on Sunday at 14:15 I had 5 games qualifying this time ang again only 1 bet placed.
Is there an issue here with me only allowing 1 bet per market as discussed above? If a number of games all qualify at the same time, it seems to just pick one and dis regard the others. Have you encountered this before?

Thanks,

Simon
By BfBotManager
You should save screenshots of those markets, your settings and post it all here for us to check it. Without knowing all your settings it is very difficult or impossible for us to know why bet was not placed.
By simonmuir62
I'm currently asking this bot to start betting 55 minutes after it goes in play. Can I ask it to stop betting 60 minutes after goes in play? This would solve the issue.
By BfBotManager
simonmuir62 wrote:I'm currently asking this bot to start betting 55 minutes after it goes in play. Can I ask it to stop betting 60 minutes after goes in play? This would solve the issue.
You can use "Time to bet" and set it like that, then betting will be allowed only between 55th and 60th minute since the moment market went in play, and that is usually half time in football matches.
By simonmuir62
Sorry to be a pain but I don't see an option to do that. I can see "start betting N minutes before in play" , "stop betting n minutes before in play", "start betting n minutes after market goes in play" (the one i'm using" and then "Keep betting in play". I don't see an option to bet in between minuet x and y, or to stop betting n minutes ater goes in play.
Thank you for your help and patience btw :)
By BfBotManager
simonmuir62 wrote:Sorry to be a pain but I don't see an option to do that. I can see "start betting N minutes before in play" , "stop betting n minutes before in play", "start betting n minutes after market goes in play" (the one i'm using" and then "Keep betting in play". I don't see an option to bet in between minuet x and y, or to stop betting n minutes ater goes in play.
Thank you for your help and patience btw :)
"start betting n minutes after market goes in play" - set that one to 55 minutes
"keep betting in play" - set this one to 60 minutes
By Becker
Maybe a stupid question, but why do you have to put in a "qualifying bet" of 0.01 on the home team? Shouldn't it be enough to add correct score markets from the games you are interested in?