Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
Hi Rade,

I back the Home Favourite pre-match. It's price 1 minute before kick off is 1.62.

Inplay I want to Re-Back that once it's price has doubled to 2.24 if certain parameters are met.

Is there a way to do this either in one strategy or using a second strategy?

I have considered creating a second strategy with modifying the initial price by 100% but that would just put an unmatched bet into the market and I don't want an order to be placed which could lead to the bet being matched in the wrong circumstances e.g. if the underdog scored. I just want to wait for the price to double before placing the second back bet

I also considered trying to use start price as initial price but seeing as football doesn't have a start price I don't think that would work.
Hi widgewilliams2,

You can use second strategy to place that second Back bet. Set it to use default bet type and use "Selection conditions->Only if specified strategy has bets" rule to allow betting only on selections that have Matched bets on same selection.

There is no option to check if price doubled in comparison to first bet, but if you can use "Selection conditions->Price change - steamers/drifters" rule and set it to allow betting only on selections whose price goes up by 100%. This will compare price that you select with currently available price. At strategy "Edit->Recording prices" form you can set it to record min/max prices 5 minutes before start time, so that those prices get compared with currently available price during in play.

Please test it in simulation mode.