Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By Ekekeke
Hello,

How can I make bot to use Betfair starting price set SP odds limits function ?
See attachment

I have several strategies working on BFSP odds but I fail to get strategies to fire when trying to create limit odds for betfair start price
I am currently trying to do this from Selections -> Min/Max selection price -> Any Runner must have Start price 2.98-1000

This is for horse racing and tips are coming through Proform
I have loaded all BFSP markets

Basically this strategy stopped working when I added Min/Max selection price. Before this strategy has been working.
Attachments
BFSP limit.JPG
BFSP limit.JPG (59.7 KiB) Viewed 13792 times
By BfBotManager
BSP is only available after race start, it is not possible to check BSP before race actual start.

You can only place BSP bets before race start time, it is not possible to place BSP bets after race starts.
By Ekekeke
Thank you for quick reply.

I understand that BSP is before start.
However I am only trying to take SP if the odds are to my liking or otherwise don't take the bet.
So pretty much the same functionality with the bot as "Set SP odds limit" on the betfair exchange.

I suppose it cannot be done with Selections Min/Max Selection price ?
By Ekekeke
Yes this is exactly what I have been trying to do.
However strategy fails to fire when using selection - > min/max selection price with bets persistance limit on close

Should I set odds range for BSP from somewhere else than min/max selection price ?
By BfBotManager
At "Price settings->Price rules" you are setting price at which bet will be placed. This price is used by "Limit on close" logic, so that bet gets matched at that or better price.

You can also use "Price settings->Default price" to place all bets at same price or you can set price manually for each selection by using MARKETS selections grid view and column "Price". Last one should be used in combination with "Default price" where option to use manually set price is ticked.

Make sure you test it in simulation mode to see how it works.
By BfBotManager
Limit on close Betfair Start Price bets accept only 1 price, that is minimum Back price for Back bets and maximum Lay price for Lay bets.

If you wish to check exchange price before price is placed then you should use "Selection/Market conditions->Min/max price for selection" rules.
By Ekekeke
Ok if I then select price settings default price to be 2.98 for example will this then be the minimum price when i use limit on close ?
By BfBotManager
That is minimum Back price for Back bets and maximum Lay price for Lay bets.

Make sure you test it in simulation mode to see how it works.
By wesso87
Ekekeke wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:34 pm Now it works perfectly. Thank you for the help
Hi Ekekeke,

What rules do you have exactly to make this happen? Got mine taking the BSP but doesnt look at the minimum price i want to take?