Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By Volmir
I create a strategy, set it up the way I want it and give it the name 'ExampleEstrategy'.

After that i run BF Bot on local OS

So, I run BF Bot on SandBox with the list of existing strategies.

So I duplicate the strategy 'ExampleEstrategy' running on the local OS and modify some of its parameters in BFBot and change the strategy name to '_ExampleEstrategy'.

Then I export this modified strategy and so in Sandbox I try to import it. Then a message from BFBot appears saying the strategy already exists in the list of strategies.

The reason for doing this way is that I use the Sand Box to run the Bot in simulation mode to validate the strategies and in some cases I derive the new strategy from another already running in the local system, exporting it to the sand box in sequence.

I think the BF Bot is considering duplicated strategies as if it was the original one. Is it true or im duing something wrong?
By BfBotManager
Hi Volmir,

Each strategy has its own unique ID number. This number is created/generated when strategy is duplicated (new duplicate gets new number) or when you create new strategy.

Renaming strategy will not change its internal unique ID number.

Make sure you renamed and exported new strategy, not the old one. Then you should not have problem importing it to another computer.

Regards,
Rade
By dahipster
BfBotManager wrote:Hi Volmir,

Each strategy has its own unique ID number. This number is created/generated when strategy is duplicated (new duplicate gets new number) or when you create new strategy.

Renaming strategy will not change its internal unique ID number.

Make sure you renamed and exported new strategy, not the old one. Then you should not have problem importing it to another computer.

Regards,
Rade
Is there somewhere we can see the IDs so we can see which is the duplicate? Would be really handy to see as a read only field in the edit strategy box. thanks.

update: sorry just seen it no response required