Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By MB102
I want an option to hedge out for say 25% of profit after the initial bet is made. Is there an option when using the hedging function to only trade out if the market shows sufficient liquidity? (e.g. back and lay odds only have 2 ticks between them). Is it something to do with the ratio option in the bottom right here?
Attachments
Hedging.PNG
Hedging.PNG (44.6 KiB) Viewed 7546 times
By BfBotManager
Back/Lay ratio is the option that checks difference between Back and Lay price.
By MB102
Thanks for the response, Rade. I don't want a back-lay ratio for the initial bet though, only the hedging bet. Does that mean I can't set a ratio just for the hedge bet?
By BfBotManager
Please take a careful look at Hedge form settings, you will see that it has its own Back/Lay Ratio safety settings. Those are hedge bet settings, not initial bet settings.
By MB102
OK I see that setting now but I'm not sure about ratios relating to back/lay and Google is not helping me... sorry to be a pain in the a** but an example would be really useful to me.

Lets say back offering is 1.42 and lay offering is 1.45. What is the required "tick back/lay ratio" setting to make this acceptable (but for example 1.42 and 1.46 would not be acceptable)? I'm guessing it's something like 3/142=2.1%?