Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By codimaval
Hi,

I read the procedure and I have a small question
Is it possible to cumulate Hedge and close position
For example, I want hedge position at better price for example 10% in play but close position after 1 minute if the hedge did not work.
If I do that, do I have to have both rules in a specific order?

Best regards
By codimaval
i think it's my English that is no enought good but i don't understand the differences between both. I read that the difference in close position is the stake is calculated but i see in hedge the same possibility...
help

:roll:
By BfBotManager
Hedge places bet so that you get equal profit or loss regardless of outcome.

Close places bet so that you get profit on one outcome and zero loss on another. Or if price moved against you then loss on one outcome and zero profit on another.

If hedge or close executes then it will cancel all other after bet rules, so there is no need to use them both in same strategy.

Please duplicate your strategy and run one with hedge rule and second one with close rule, then compare the results. That should help you see the differences.

Regards,
Rade
By codimaval
hi rade

thank you for your return
can you tell me what is " price monitor for change"
in my mind its necessary the opposite price than the initial price?
By codimaval
ok i understand.
I'm sorry for all my questions, I try to understand the manual before asking you
I tried hedge close position and trade out. What I want to do is placed immediately after my initial bet a back or lay (which remains unmatched)
with the trade out it remains unmatched it's ok but only for a better price, how can I also place an exit price (without waiting for the fluctuation of the market)?

With the hedge or the close, I see that the bot is waiting for the price to be reached to place the bet. So sometimes, it's going fast and if I want to go out at 5 ticks, it can come out at 10 ticks
By codimaval
ok sorry i understand, i can not close position before the price change otherwise the price will matched instantly

best regards

matt