Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By jinglealtheway
I currently have my hedge set to 120s after the start time but where races are running late, it hedges before the race has started. Since I take each race case by case, some i'm happy to hedge before inplay and some after so setting it to hedge inplay only probably won't work here.

Which are the best options for me?
1)Only hedge at better price than initial bet? This will then ensure inplay has started and is around 120s?

or market conditions and set raceinplay time to first 75%? This says bets within this time frame, will it also hedge within the time frame too?
By BfBotManager
Hi there,

You should duplicate your strategy and run multiple copies at same time with different settings. That should allow you to test and find best settings for your strategy. Just make sure that at Hedge form you tick last option to use profit/loss from initial bet only, that way hedge will only hedge bets from that strategy and each strategy will work for it self.

Regards,
Rade
By jinglealtheway
Ok I have been trying to get the first one to work but having a few issues.

1)Only hedge at better price than initial bet? This will then ensure inplay has started and is around 120s?

so the backbet was taken at odds of around 7.00 before the race started and then i wanted the hedge to be at better price (Don't mind if it hedges pre-race or inplay)...as long as its a better price. The race started and by 120s (Hedge 120s after start time was ticked) the odds were at a worse price than when they started and the hedge function kicked in. I was thinking this will only hedge at 120s if its at a better price than the initial bet? and if its not at a better price (Which it wasn't), it won't hedge? Do I need to untick hedge 120s after start time for this to work? Is there an option here to state I don't mind if its a pre-race or inplay hedge as long as its a better price.
By BfBotManager
It should hedge only at better price and only after 120 seconds from start time.

If this was simulation mode then it is possible that that is the cause of this issue as simulated data is delayed and is not always synchronized.

You should post screenshots of all placed bets for that race and of all your settings so that we can check it.

Regards,
Rade