Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By codimaval
Hello

I'm blocking on close position (bet after bet rules)
I have a back unmatched bet and I want to close the position at the current price (even if I'm in loss) after 45 minutes
how to do that?

thanks a lot
By codimaval
Thanks Rade, as usual quick answers. I looked in the manual of course but I do not understand too much. I place a unmatched back bet and if it remains unmatched after 45 min I back to the current price. It's what i want to do.
When I look on close position, I understand that I can only lay if I had back or back if I had lay
is it correct?

best regards
Hi Codimaval,

Close/hedge rules are used to place bet so that you get profit if selections wins/loses or to equalize your profit/loss regardless of outcome.

If you unmatched bet, then you can cancel it and get zero profit/loss.

There is no option to place opposite bet type if your bet is unmatched. You can try to create second strategy that will only place bet if first strategy has unmatched bet by using "Selection conditions->Only if specified strategy has bet" but I am not sure if this is what you want to do.

Please try it out all in simulation mode by running duplicated strategies with different settings so that you can compare results and learn how each setting works.

Regards,
Rade