Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By gar2018
Hi, I’m trying to figure out why a strategy isn’t working as planned. I want to lay certain low priced favourites before the off, but back in play if they go below a particular price. Effectively cancelling with zero P/L if they win, and a loss if they lose.

I’ve used these close position settings.
Settings.jpg
Settings.jpg (157.52 KiB) Viewed 4458 times
Having tested it, back bets have been at prices between 1.28 and 1.92 – I guess because they change quickly and bets will be placed at the best price, which if so is fine. However the amounts aren’t what I wanted, for example –

- Initial bet – lay £1.00 @ 2.88; close bet – back £8.55 @ 1.92 = overall loss £7.55 (horse lost)

- Initial bet – lay £1.00 @ 1.92; close bet – back £2.79 @ 1.46 = overall profit £0.36 (horse won)

Unless I’ve got my figures wrong, I think the first back bet should have been about £2.04 @ 1.92, and the second back bet about £2.00 @ 1.46.

Can anyone help please with getting this to work as I want? Thanks
By BfBotManager
Hi gar2018,

Change option to ask for worse price from 2 to zero ticks and turn off option to keep trying to close position if bet is unmatched.

It is possible that prices change and that your bet stays unmatched, so bot tries to hedge again at different price, but then price changes and you get better price. This can easily happen in simulation mode as data is delayed in simulation mode by Betfair, anywhere between 1s and 180s.

Also select option "from initial bet that was placed by this strategy in this single trade".

Then try again and see if it works better. Also check main BETS history to see which price was requested for close bet and post screenshot here to check it if you continue to have problems with new settings.

Regards,
Rade
By gar2018
Ok great thanks Rade. I'm using live mode rather than simulation, and looking on the bets history the prices requested are correct. I'll give the new settings a go this afternoon and hopefully will be ok.