Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By lucas
Is it possible to use the bot to put bets in simulation mode and other bets in real mode at the same time?
Is there a way to do it?

Tks
By BfBotManager
Hi Lucas,

Only one instance of software can be run per operating system. You can run second instance on another computer in same or different mode (simulation or real mode).

It is not possible to run some strategies in real mode and others in simulation mode within same bot instance.

You can run maximum of 2 bot instances at same time because Betfair has limit of 2 connections to their Stream API. But you can install software on as many computers as you like. Each license key is valid for single account only but it can be used on unlimited number of computers.

Regards,
Rade
By theslackie
Piggybacking on this thread....

does a bot in simulation mode take up a Betfair API licence? I have been running two bots on my VPS, one in simulation mode and one in real mode, I was going to setup a separate real mode to separate horse and football markets. Guess this won't be possible with a bot running in simulation also?

cheers
theslackie
By BfBotManager
Hi theslackie,

Single bot always takes one connection to Stream API regardless of real/simulation mode. You cannot have three instances of V3 running at same unless Betfair increased limit for number of connections to Stream API for your account (I am not sure if they allow more than 2 connections).

Regards,
Rade