Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By charliecat
Hi,

Was wondering if any one could help me clear up if it is possible to get bot to lay 2(or more) hedge/offset bets? One hedge/offset bet is straightforward.

Scenario is a simple B2L where it
Places a Back bet
once matched
Lays a offset at one point (at set percentage compared to intial back bet)
Places a hedge bet at an even lower point (at set percentage compared to intial back bet)

Can only get it do the post intial bet and tried to get another bot to work in tandem but unsure how to get it to recognise at what price point that the first bot has made the original back bet.

Cheers.
By BfBotManager
Hi Charlie,

You should not create 2 strategies for this. Use just one strategy and set it to place first bet.

Then at "After bet rules" for that strategy add "Trade out" bet that will place Lay bet at better price by one tick or percentage.

Then also at "After bet rules" add "Hedge" rule and set it to execute if price goes above or below set price.

Recheck your settings and test it in simulation mode.

Regards,
Rade
By charliecat
Hi Rade,

Thanks for response.

Spent last night playing round with different hedge settings to no avail, I can use it as a stop loss but not to hedge if I set it to a percentage, it just wont activate.

Setting it to a set price isnt really ideal as loading a shortlist of horses which range in price and not after a massive shift in price, just greater consistency.

Have attached snip of what I have set it to at moment, ran it through round ten markets last night, did try changing on which bets it determined it would hedge but that didnt seem to have an effect.

Funny thing is I have a L2B bot that the stop (hedge) works fine so i'm sure its not the price direction just something to do with how the trade (second bet) and hedge settings I am using.

Cheers.
Attachments
hedge.jpg
hedge.jpg (209.33 KiB) Viewed 5119 times
By BfBotManager
Hi Charlie,

Please export your strategy and save screenshots of bets where hedge did not work. Then email it to us by using our contact form at help center:
https://help.bfbotmanager.com/conversation/new

We need to see all settings and placed bets to understand your problem and help you adjust settings so that it works like you want it to.

Regards,
Rade