Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By BfBotManager
All default example strategies that come with Bf Bot Manager V3 for Betfair and MB Bot Manager V3 for Matchbook can be downloaded from here by clicking on attached .gz file.

Save this file to your hard drive and then use "Import strategies" at STRATEGIES tab to import them to V3.

If you edited previous example strategies and renamed them, then original example strategy might not be imported because it has same ID. To avoid such problems you should always duplicate strategy and then edit it.

Attached file contains 10 example strategies, those are:
1. Horses - Lay 1 Favourite with recovery
2. Greyhounds - Lay Trap 1 with recovery
3. Greyhounds - dutching 2, 3 and 4 fav.
4. Football - Lay the Draw
5. Horses - Trade before in play
6. Bet on my selections
7. Bet on all imported tips
8. DOBBING - Double Or Bust
9. Little Acorns
10. ATM (only Betfair version)

Regards,
Rade
Attachments
Betfair v3 default example strategies.
(11.23 KiB) Downloaded 1339 times
Matchbook v3 default example strategies.
(9.35 KiB) Downloaded 828 times
By markkirwan
I have 2 bots set up next to each other 1 in simulation mode & 1 in live mode.

So far I've tried
1. Horses - Lay 1 Favourite with recovery
2. Greyhounds - Lay Trap 1 with recovery
3. Greyhounds - dutching 2, 3 and 4 fav.
5. Horses - Trade before in play
8. DOBBING - Double Or Bust
9. Little Acorns
10. ATM

ALL have shown a profit in simulation mode BUT ALL have shown a loss in live mode.
All the settings are the same.

I was only using 1 strategy per day
e.g. on day 1 I used 5. Horses - Trade before in play on both bots (profit in sim mode was £130.47 BUT loss in live mode was -£97.86).

Is there a problem with the bot or am I doing something wrong that I don't know about?
By BfBotManager
Hi Mark,

In simulation mode all bets are instantly matched at requested price, while in real mode bets can be unmatched. Trading strategies that place unmatched bets are not realistic in simulation mode because of this. There is warning message about this when you turn on simulation mode.

Lay 1st favorite, dutching, lay trap 1 should be realistic in simulation mode as those strategies are placing bets at existing market prices, so all bets for those strategies would also be matched in real mode.

Trade before in play is not realistic in simulation mode and other strategies that place bets during in play are not realistic in simulation mode as prices change very fast during in play on horse races, so your bets could be unmatched. Simulation mode for those strategies is useful to check that you have right settings and that they are working like you want them to, not to test if strategy is profitable or not.

I hope that helps.

Regards,
Rade
By a4r0n
Hi All,

Has anyone tested the first two example strategies long term. I appreciate they are there to show people what can be done, and they did make a profit when trialing in demo - just wondering if it is worth trying them longer term at small stakes in live or if they are genuinely just examples and not profitable longer term

The strategies I tested were:

Horses Lay 1 Favourite with recovery
Greyhounds - Lay trap 1 with recovery

Thanks for your help!
By BfBotManager
kanadeca wrote:Hi,

I've tried to import them in MB Bot Manager but nothing happens. May you attach the default strategies for MB as well?
Matchbook examples are now attached.
By BfBotManager
Albannach wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:40 pm I already have copies of Acorns and ATM, do the settings in the default strategies match the actual system settings?
Example strategies are just examples that should help you learn how to use our software. They are not updated to match those systems that might change or anything like that.
By Albannach
BfBotManager wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:43 pm
Albannach wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:40 pm I already have copies of Acorns and ATM, do the settings in the default strategies match the actual system settings?
Example strategies are just examples that should help you learn how to use our software. They are not updated to match those systems that might change or anything like that.
Magic, thanks :)
By HandyAndy
I have been running the dogs bot for exactly a week. I have tweaked quite a bit. It places a £1.28 lay so it nets down to £1.25 after comm. I have reduced the max price and the number of recovery bets. I change the trap numbers each day. I am £490 in profit.

However I have a problem which sometimes occurs that throws my controlled strategy into chaos. Let's say I am on my 3rd bet and the lay should be £10 but it only part matched £5. The dog doesn't win the race and I get paid out. The next bet should be a lay of £1.25 but instead the bot has added the unmatched £5 of the previous race and the lay bet is £6.25. If dog wins a couple of races I am looking at a very large liability. Thankfully I haven't been caught but it's only a matter of time. Is there a way to stop any unmatched bets being carried forward to the next bet in recovery mode?

Thanks,

Andy
By BfBotManager
Hi Andy,

Are you using rule "Market conditions->Unsettled markets" and have set it to 1 so that next bet is placed only after result of previous race is known?

If you keep having problems with this then please export your strategy, save screenshots of those bets and open new support ticket so that we can check it:
https://help.bfbotmanager.com/conversation/new

Example strategies are just examples. Those are not profitable or best strategies. Those examples should help you learn how to use our software.
By HandyAndy
BfBotManager wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:36 pm Hi Andy,

Are you using rule "Market conditions->Unsettled markets" and have set it to 1 so that next bet is placed only after result of previous race is known?

If you keep having problems with this then please export your strategy, save screenshots of those bets and open new support ticket so that we can check it:
https://help.bfbotmanager.com/conversation/new

Example strategies are just examples. Those are not profitable or best strategies. Those examples should help you learn how to use our software.
Yes it doesn't place a bet until previous has settled. Once settled it adds any half matched bets to the next race. I used the example strats as a base. Changed quite a bit. It's doing well at the moment but very early days.