Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By skunc
Hi,
I’m new to BF Bot Manager and looking for some kind souls help. I’m trying to place in-play Lay bets on the horses who are 7th favourite and greater in races with 7 horses plus. The max price being 8.00 to a £2 liability for each horse. I’ve tried a number of ways today but when testing on live races none of my attempts are triggering any bets, despite there being qualifiers. I’ve attached screen shots of some of my settings, if more specific ones needed, or any other info, please ask.
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Peter
Lay7F1.PNG
Lay7F1.PNG (29.54 KiB) Viewed 10399 times
Lay7F2.PNG
Lay7F2.PNG (22.84 KiB) Viewed 10399 times
Lay7F4.PNG
Lay7F4.PNG (10.68 KiB) Viewed 10399 times
Lay7F5.PNG
Lay7F5.PNG (17.92 KiB) Viewed 10399 times
Lay7F6.PNG
Lay7F6.PNG (11.17 KiB) Viewed 10399 times
Lay7F3.PNG
Lay7F3.PNG (64.68 KiB) Viewed 10399 times
By BfBotManager
Hi Peter,

By default favorite positions are determined whenever prices are downloaded. Because of this 7th or higher favorite will never have price of 8.0 or less.

You probably want to Lay 8th or higher favorites from before in play if their price during in play goes below 8.0. You will need to tick option to use favorite positions from before in play at strategy edit form.
http://screencast.com/t/cxTwuNJIP" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At "Price settings" tab you must add "Price rules" condition.

At "Selection conditions" tab you must set bet type, otherwise strategy will not know if you want to place Back or Lay bets. As you are allowing betting on 7-12 favorites by position by using Selections Filter you can add "Default bet type" condition.

If you continue to have problems after this then please export your strategy and post it here so that I can check it.

Regards,
Rade
By skunc
Thanks for the help Rade. Unfortunately I still can't get it to trigger in races that meet the 7+ <8.00 Lay I'm trying for.

I've exported the strategy, let me know if you need any further details.

Cheers,
Peter
Attachments
(2.24 KiB) Downloaded 940 times
By BfBotManager
Hi Peter,

Your strategy looks ok.

Please backup your strategies, uninstall V3 and download and install latest version from following location and then try again:
http://www.bfbotmanager.com/bfbotmanager3_beta.zip" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Its possible that you have older version of V3 that had small bug with recording of favorites before in play, and that is fixed in latest V3 beta version.

Regards,
Rade
By skunc
Hi Rade,
Since updating I've had one bet trigger :D out of three races that saw the odds drop into range. So I presume now it is the Betfair inplay delay stopping every race that meets the requirements but not always getting a bet on.

Thanks for your quick and helpful replies, I've learnt a lot just from this exercise.

Peter