Forum

General discussion about Bf Bot Manager v3 software for Betfair, Betdaq and Matchbook betting exchanges
By neilbery
I am just wondering if anyone has managed to successfully automate a late goal strategy using this software?

I am trying to implement a fairly simple strategy which should have around 10-20 bets per day but on looking at results is only placing about 5 per day.

I initially had the time of bet as 80 mins and was getting very few bets. Support then said that I had to increase the time window as this was perhaps not enough time to bet.

This was far from ideal as I had worked the strategy for 80mins.

I changed it to 80-85 mins and now some bets are at 80mins and some at 85mins with an obvious large odds difference.

I have now noticed that a lot of bets are not placing due to not meeting the overound rule., which support have said not to change.

All my bets are in the mains leagues so it is not like there are hundreds of games at once. I am very confused why a very simple system cannot apparently be done.

Is anyone having any more luck than me?

Thanks
By echelon
Hi neilbery,

Firstly, whenever looking to bet at specific times for football it's best to use the market condition "Football - Match Minute" as this gives you accurate current time in the second half of the game regardless of how much first half injury time there was. If you use this, you don't need the "Time to bet" condition.

I've got loads of strategies where I've ditched the overrounds condition - this is probably more important for horse racing strats where there are a large number of selections. In most strats I've also ditched the Back/Lay Ratio selection condition - though it can be handy for some laying strats where you don't want to be laying at odds of say 20 when the back odds are 5! Generally I control the odds at which I enter using the min/max price condition which means that the Back/Lay ratio isn't as important.

The number of markets you have loaded and the number of strategies you have, all impact on the time it takes for all strategies to scroll through all active markets to see if there are bets which need to be placed. If you have a handful of strategies and a few football markets loaded, then you should be able to pick up bets at match minute 80 - though it'll be much slower at the weekends because of the volume of games, so it may be best to set it to 80-82 mins. - you'll need to experiment with this. In addition the speed of your internet connection (for getting price refreshes) and the speed of your computer all make a difference too.

Check out the info. here too:

https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/help/kn ... ng-markets
By JohnW
Also make sure that you are monitoring the match for times you want to bet ie.until closed.
I have made this mistake and the game therefore does not act on any bets after the stop monitoring time., which is outside your of your 80 minutes.
By neilbery
echelon wrote: Tue May 10, 2022 8:28 pm Hi neilbery,

Firstly, whenever looking to bet at specific times for football it's best to use the market condition "Football - Match Minute" as this gives you accurate current time in the second half of the game regardless of how much first half injury time there was. If you use this, you don't need the "Time to bet" condition.

I've got loads of strategies where I've ditched the overrounds condition - this is probably more important for horse racing strats where there are a large number of selections. In most strats I've also ditched the Back/Lay Ratio selection condition - though it can be handy for some laying strats where you don't want to be laying at odds of say 20 when the back odds are 5! Generally I control the odds at which I enter using the min/max price condition which means that the Back/Lay ratio isn't as important.

The number of markets you have loaded and the number of strategies you have, all impact on the time it takes for all strategies to scroll through all active markets to see if there are bets which need to be placed. If you have a handful of strategies and a few football markets loaded, then you should be able to pick up bets at match minute 80 - though it'll be much slower at the weekends because of the volume of games, so it may be best to set it to 80-82 mins. - you'll need to experiment with this. In addition the speed of your internet connection (for getting price refreshes) and the speed of your computer all make a difference too.

Check out the info. here too:

https://www.bfbotmanager.com/en/help/kn ... ng-markets
Thank you very much for this.

I have deleted the overound and Back/Lay ratio as I already had min/max price condition. I have also upped the refresh rate so these should hopefully help.

Thanks again
By neilbery
JohnW wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:07 am Also make sure that you are monitoring the match for times you want to bet ie.until closed.
I have made this mistake and the game therefore does not act on any bets after the stop monitoring time., which is outside your of your 80 minutes.
Thanks, I will give this a look.